Thread: Swami

Swami

Kids might like these. Or maybe you could use the as giveways.

Here is a link to a bigger picture to download.

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2009/04/30/swami/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by scott keller; 01-02-2010 at 8:54 AM.

Thanks. Haven't seen one of those in years!
    Trotec Speedy 100 30W
    CorelDraw 2023
    EngraveLab 9
    Sublimation
    MillRight CNC Power Route Plus
    Duct Tape
    WD40

Lake Tapawingo, a suburb of Blue Springs, a suburb of Kansas City, MO. The Kansas City you know is in Missouri.
    Here are a couple of vectors, 1 with face cut out, one plain. Not enough skill to draw the face, sorry
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tom Bull; 01-02-2010 at 1:16 PM. Reason: more info
    Tom Bull
    Epilog Legend, x3,X5, photograv, 30 year collection of misc. tools of all kinds.

Quote Originally Posted by scott keller View Post
    That makes for an interesting read. There's some good geek-speak going on.
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

Funny coincidence... my husband just pulled out his "magic hook" during a discussion with someone. He made it about 40 years ago, with a coping saw. He's kept it handy all these years and still plays with it once in a while... it IS amazing. And now that he is interested in barn reconstruction, it really helps to understand load bearing and weight distribution issues. Not to me, of course, but that's not my area.

dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

We used to call that a 'SkyHook' Made hundred as give-a-ways (not hundreds$ hundreds of skyhooks..ha)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Swami rama

I haven't seen this since I was a kid. We do demonstrate this basic physics phenomenon even in elementary classrooms here in Kentucky. It is a simple matter of center of gravity with the center below the finger which is why it seems so magical. Yes it requires a stiff belt with this device as it needs the angle from the slot to locate the weight of the belt below the finger. I have a store bought demonstrator that does the same thing but in a different manner. It is a bird which balances on its beak. The wings are swept forward past the beak and have weights. An easy and fun demonstration with the kids requires three tooth picks two large marshmallows and one small marshmallow. Break one toothpick in half and stick it into the small marshmallow dead center of a circle side as shown in the illustration. Add the counter weight marshmallows as shown. Then balance on your finger…simple fun and they get to eat the treat!

I'll have to cut a few of the "Skyhooks" for demonstrating now that I have the file. THANKS!!!