Thread: Rikon 30-230 Drill Press

Rikon 30-230 Drill Press

Does anyone have experience with this DP?

From the silence I think this might be a new addition to the Rikon line. So, any opinions on other Rikon drill presses? I can pick this one up for about $380 or the Griz G7944 for about the same price. The Rikon is larger with an additional 1/4 horsepower. Any opinions?

Did you pick this up? Right now, it's free shipping on Amazon, so I'm curious about any actual users.

Check the spindle travel. I'm looking for a new DP, and need at least 5" of spindle travel to make the investment worthwhile. As I recall the Rikon's had a smaller travel, between 3 and 3 1/2 inches. I'm holding out to see if Papa Grizz comes out with a new DP in the next few months.....
    Last edited by Scott Vigder; 02-06-2010 at 3:59 PM. Reason: forgot key info!
    Trees. Tools. Time.

I am still having trouble deciding between the Rikon and Delta 17". As Scott says the quill travel is only just over 3" and the Delta is closer to 4". But I hope to final get off the porch and make a decision soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hendrix View Post
    I am still having trouble deciding between the Rikon and Delta 17". As Scott says the quill travel is only just over 3" and the Delta is closer to 4". But I hope to final get off the porch and make a decision soon.
    Out of interest, what did you go for in the end?
    I am interested in the Rikon at the moment, so would like to hear your thoughts...

Either way, I don't think that you can beat a Delta Drill Press

Sorry for the triple response, but in meant to write Rikon Drill Press, and not Delta Drill Press... (sorry, I don't know how to edit posts!!)