Thread: X & Y coordinate Question for Corel X4

Unhappy X & Y coordinate Question for Corel X4

I need someones help on how to make an object retain its X & Y position? My case is that when I draw a circle it shows the x & y psition in the property bar. Once I deselect it the circle goes to 0,0 position. I would like the x & Y position shown when I move the circle.

If you go under align select lock object. That part cannot be moved or revised until you unlock it.

GDG

I wanted to be able to move the object on the page but have the X Y position values. Not go to 0,0 when I select that same object again.

When you deselect, yes it goes to 0,0 but as soon as I select an object again, it again shows me the coordinates for the center of the object. Yours does not???
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

It show the coordinates as 0,0 when I select for a second time rather that the initial location. It basicly resets it to 0,0. I need to change the setup page but can not find the right selection.

Mine does not reset to 0,0 -- -
    If I draw a circle regardless of size, it will measure from the center of the circle and give the position. If I click off of it, draw another circle, square or import something, and then click back on the original circle, it will show the position as it where it was left.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 50 watt with Rotary Attachment
    Gravograph (New Hermes) M-40 Rotary Engraver
    Gravograph (New Hermes) M-40G Rotary Engraver with Rotary Base Fixture
    Ricoh GelSprinter GX e7700N Dye-Sublimation Printer
    George Knight DK-20S Heat Press
    George Knight DK-3 Mug Press (x2)

Corel X7; Photograv 3.03; LaserExpress, Adobe CS5.5
    Vinyl Express GRC-61 - 24" Vinyl Cutter
    And other stuff I don't know how to use

Hi Scott,

It has something to do with the settings. Something in my corel got changed to absolute 0,0 position. Thank you to everyone for helping. Still trying to figure it out...

Chris

2311 Loveless Street, Guntersville, AL 35976
    Go to your Free Transform Tool (2nd icon on the left side, last item in the flyout). On the property bar, go to the last icon. The mouse over will read "Relative to Objects". If it is depressed, that is the problem.

Have you also tried exiting and restarting CorelDraw?

Carl,

Thank you. That was the problem and it was depressed. This is good to know. I hope I can return the favor. This is not only a great forum but very friendly.

Sincerely,

Chris Tatarian

Does anyone have another solution for this same problem?
    I have somehow fallen into this same dilemma where my x,y coordinates return to 0,0 every time I create or move an object. The object stays where I want it but the coordinates change to 0,0. The solution that fixed Chris's problem did not fix mine.
    Thanks much,
    Dick
    ULS Laser 25W
    Rotary attachment
    Corel X3
    Photograv 2.11
    Smile... It keeps them guessing!

2311 Loveless Street, Guntersville, AL 35976
    Just one.... reset your workspace. Hold F8 down while starting CorelDraw and agree to reset the workspace.

If you haven't customized your workspace, this will have no visible changes to you.

Good luck!

The reset definitely took care of it, (and everything else) but that is what I needed.
    A thousand thanks,
    Dick
    ULS Laser 25W
    Rotary attachment
    Corel X3
    Photograv 2.11
    Smile... It keeps them guessing!