Thread: Help with this Plane

Help with this Plane

Any information about this plane would be greatly appreciated as I know nothing about it. It is very heavy and appears in unused condition. Sole measures 10 1/2 x 2 1/2. It is stamped "O'CONNOR 012". It comes fitted in a walnut box with a brass plaque that reads Dragon Song 012

104_0579.jpg

104_0580.jpg
    The lyf so short The craft so long to lerne

Never seen one like it. Possibly a craftsman made job. Looks sweet though. If you post this over on the Neanderthal Haven, you might get a greater response. If it was commercially produced, it's a good bet that someone over there might know something about it.

Where did you find it?

Looks like a typical home made wooden plane but with the brass sole. By typical I mean the basic structure, though the shaping and finish work is very nice.

How does it work, and how tight is the mouth when the blade is in cutting position?

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Blog Entries
    You might get more help on the neander side of the creek. Though it looks like a hand made place to me. Maybe ask the moderators to move this post there.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 12-17-2009 at 9:31 AM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute