Thread: Completed Keyboard/LCD stand

Completed Keyboard/LCD stand

This project was a mix of playing around with a new machine, experimentation, and creating something quick, and on the cheap for my shop with stuff on hand so it is by no means perfect.

Shown is the keyboard tray from my last post attached to a jury rigged LCD mount, that I made from some scrap aluminum extrusions. The USB port for a thumb drive is just the female end of an extension cable I sanded down and press fit into a through mortise. The whole deal is mounted to a cheap roller stand I modified slightly, by re grinding the angle on the back leg so it sits at a wider angle so its more stable.

The Verdict is that the stand works, and is functional, but a little bit flimsy, and clunky to move arround. I had originally planned to mount everything to the bot, but that turned out to be too complicated/expensive for the time being. However I will re-design and build revised version some day that will mount to the bot, and swivel.

Bottom line this cost me about 30 bucks, and its a start. If I re build it out of aluminum I am sure it would be allot better but it would also cost easily 10x as much.
    DSC01302.jpg

DSC01300.jpg

DSC01296.jpg

DSC01306.jpg
    Last edited by Michael Schwartz; 12-15-2009 at 1:12 AM.
    Hardware - Shopbot PRSstandard 48x96 with PC router.
    Software - Aspire 2.5, Partworks, Cut 3D, Photo V-Carve
    Open Source/Free - Inkscape, Open Office.

Hey Michael,
    Nice work. On thing I would add is rounding over the edges.

What part of Vt are you in? I was in Saxtons River for 2 years @ Vermont Academy. Was able to ski most of the Slopes there plus we had our own small slope near by for slalom racing. Ooh those were the days.
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

Mad River Valley, near sugarbush

The rounded edges would be nice but I had very limited time to throw this together.
    Last edited by Michael Schwartz; 12-15-2009 at 5:34 PM.
    Hardware - Shopbot PRSstandard 48x96 with PC router.
    Software - Aspire 2.5, Partworks, Cut 3D, Photo V-Carve
    Open Source/Free - Inkscape, Open Office.