Thread: Frank Corker Just can not stop giving!

Frank Corker Just can not stop giving!

Last year or maybe even 2 years ago a lady brought me a very ornate wooden cross and asked can I make one.

Me of course I can. So I scan it in and try to vector it. Well the depth of the wood put a lot of shadows in the scan and the image just was not going to work.

So I ask for help here at SMC. Of course Frank steps right in and sends me a great vector file. Well This cross has been a great product. I must have made over 100 of them and just recently got another multi copy order.

I tell my customers that a guy in England made this possible. I am not sure what they think that means.

Well anyway --- Thanks again Frank!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Simmons View Post
    Last year or maybe even 2 years ago a lady brought me a very ornate wooden cross and asked can I make one.

Me of course I can. So I scan it in and try to vector it. Well the depth of the wood put a lot of shadows in the scan and the image just was not going to work.

So I ask for help here at SMC. Of course Frank steps right in and sends me a great vector file. Well This cross has been a great product. I must have made over 100 of them and just recently got another multi copy order.

I tell my customers that a guy in England made this possible. I am not sure what they think that means.

Well anyway --- Thanks again Frank!!!!
    Frank is a good egg.
    He has helped many here on the Creek.
    Happy Holidays Frank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

Frank is awesome, digging through his old posts is like digging in a gold mine of vector goodies.

Hey Frank here's a toughie for ya-- I need a vector art of a Spitfire, an overhead plan view. It will be a Christmas ornament for a British friend. Somehow I think you are the right man to ask!

Dave
    Epilog 35 W 12x24
    Adobe Illustrator
    Dell PC

You're all welcome. More than happy to help other SMC members, nothing worse than struggling when someone could help you out, so why not.

Dave, the aircraft or the sportscar?
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

I'm guessing it's the plane. Will these do?
    I have had to upload them to a server because the file is 8mb and I can't reduce it any further than that. (choose the free option and fill in the brief questions then you can download)
    http://rapidshare.com/files/320964097/Spitfire.zip
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Lake Tapawingo, a suburb of Blue Springs, a suburb of Kansas City, MO. The Kansas City you know is in Missouri.
    Pete, how about re-sharing the cross? Sounds like something we all would like to see, perhaps a picture, too. It amazes me how fast Frank can come up with the file. Frank, you must have either an amazing memory or an awesome filing system.
    Tom Bull
    Epilog Legend, x3,X5, photograv, 30 year collection of misc. tools of all kinds.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bull View Post
    It amazes me how fast Frank can come up with the file. Frank, you must have either an amazing memory or an awesome filing system.
    Frank is actually a unit of The Borg... Tertiary Adjunct 3 of The Primary Core, I believe.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I have also been on the receiving end of Frank's Kindness a few times. His Maltese Cross Collection is just FANTASTIC !!!!

THANKS FRANK !!!!!!

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

Uhh Frank, since you are that generous, I could use, uhh, maybe a million or two bucks for a decade or three.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Cross

Here it is.
    Attached Files Attached Files

amazing, thanks Frank! You are like a 24/hr help desk!
    Well, I'm using some primitive victorian era software over here, couldn't actually read the Spitfire file format, but I'm sure it was exactly the graphic I needed!

Dave
    Epilog 35 W 12x24
    Adobe Illustrator
    Dell PC