Thread: 2009 Christmans Presents

2009 Christmans Presents

I am curious to see everyones christmas presents this year. I just finished this chair for my mother. She is short and always looking for a step stool. Thanks to Brian Kent for the thread about this chair design.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ight=librarian
    Attached Images Attached Images

2009 Christmans Presents

Nice job, Paul. I like the proportions and I am sure your mom is going to appreciate it. For other Christmas presents submitted by other members go to "Woodworking projects". I myself submitted a few.
    If you got to where you were going where would it be?

Nice chair/step stool, but I don't see the sticker that reads "Do not set on or above this step. Serious injury could occur."
    I drink, therefore I am.

Very nice Paul.

I missed this thread the first time around. I like your chair a lot. From your question on the other thread, yes my drill bit was slightly oversized (not planned) on my first chair. This time I had made that middle panel 1" too narrow, so I added a "breadboard end" strip that provided the needed cross grain for the screws. Then I did not need the dowels to hold the screws.

How did your mother like the gift?

Brian
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    Very nice Paul.

How did your mother like the gift?

Brian
    She was real happy. I got the idea from your post a couple of years ago and thought what the heck I'll make one for her, and hopefully she will like it. As it turns out she told me she has been thinking about buying one for years and just couldn't bring herself to do it. She has a painters step stool that she used before so this should work out good. Thanks for the idea.

Great idea. My wife and daughter complained when I built the cabinets 42" tall to go to the ceiling. I have been looking ever since for a stool of some sort. ?? Will the top hinge backward if the person grabs the top if falling backward? Or is there a lock I don't see? Thanks

I dont really find the need for a lock. When you move the chair the hinges can wiggle a little. But when unsing it as a chair it is a stable as any chair, as far as I can tell. And my wife used it as a step stool to put up our christmas decorations and never had a problem. When you step on the second step you are standing on the seat. It wont go any where at that point. The third step your wieght is still pushing on the seat(folded in half) still so it is really stable. You could put a flip lock on it if it made you feel better, but I dont think it is needed.