Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A PC Holiday Wish

A PC Holiday Wish

A friend sent this to me a couple of years ago. I ran across it this afternoon and thought I would share.

AN ADEQUATE HOLIDAY TO YOU
    Politically Correct Verse for the Season
    On the 12th day of the eurocentrically imposed midwinter festival, my Significant Other in a consenting adult, monogamous relationship gave to me:

TWELVE males reclaiming their inner warrior through ritual drumming.

ELEVEN pipers piping (plus the 18-member pit orchestra made up of members in good standing of the Musicians Equity Union as called for in their union contract even though they will not be asked to play a note).

TEN melanin deprived testosterone poisoned members of the patriarchal ruling class system leaping.

NINE persons engaged in purifying, tribal rhythmic self expression.

EIGHT economically disadvantaged female persons stealing milk products from enslaved Bovine-Americans.

SEVEN endangered swans swimming on federally protected wetlands.

SIX enslaved Fowl-Americans producing non-human animal products.

FIVE golden symbols of culturally sanctioned enforced domestic incarceration.

(NOTE: after members of the Animal Liberation Front threatened to throw red paint at my computer, the calling birds, French hens, and partridge have been reintroduced to their native habitat. To avoid any further Animal-American enslavement the remaining gift package has been revised.)

FOUR hours of recorded whale songs.

THREE deconstructionist poets.

TWO Sierra Club calendars printed on recycled, processed tree carcasses and..

A Spotted Owl activist chained to an old growth pear tree!

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Good Kwanzaa, Blessed Yule, and Happy Holidays! (Unless otherwise prohibited by law)*

*If you are suffering from Seasonally Affected Disorder (SAD) please substitute this call for celebration with a suggestion that you have a thoroughly adequate day.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Thanks Belinda!!!

I'll be sharing this with numerous individuals...though I have to be selective as some of my friends don't handle multi-syllable words very well.

Blog Entries
    A very cheery Christmas to you! I love it and will have to send it to some friends. Thanks, Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Troy View Post
    A very cheery Christmas to you! I love it and will have to send it to some friends. Thanks, Sean
    A very merry and cheery Christmas to you as well, Sean!
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 11-30-2009 at 10:30 PM.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

Thank you, Belinda, for your nice although unsolicitied and entirely platonic words. I'd also like to wish you an enjoyable celebration appropriate for the time of year - but not too enjoyable, drink responsibly, and by "time of year" I in no way endorse any one religious or secular celebration over any others, as all should be equally weighed and recognized....

Or, as any sane reasonable person would say - Merry Christmas! Or, if you don't celebrate, at least a "Happy Holidays!".

A friend of ourse sent us an email 'chain letter', encouraging everyone to send a "Merry Christmas" card to the ACLU. They need to open all envelopes, looking for donations......so they pretty much have to open the card too. I think this is hilarious.
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

haha Much enjoyed & I am so stealing this. Thanks!

Belinda, thanks for the post. A bit of humor is always welcome

This is my take on the changes we have witnessed over the last decade concerning this particular season.

The Constitution guarantees every citizen the right to gather/assemble with those of like interests or religious beliefs. Anyone who isn't part of my group please don't be offended if I enjoy these rights that so many have sacrificed to preserve and given their lives to protect.

I will not allow my Christmas Season to be altered nor will I be coerced to comply with a standard enforced by another member of some other group, and I will not force my personal preferences on others.

Merry Christmas To All

This is not meant to be a political or religious statement. My intent is to share my personal view that reinforces the idea that free men should be allowed the pursuit of happiness whether it be their choice of hobby, profession, place of residence, etc.

When the topic of personal differences would come up when I was very young I remember an older neighbor (country boy) and close friend would say "Every cat to his own pile". A bit crude but the intent of his statement was clear and almost impossible to misinterpret
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 11-30-2009 at 11:25 PM.

John,

It seems to me that the ACLU is a good organization with a dark side. On some days they can see black very vividly and on others only white. They refuse to admit that there are other colors or even shades of gray and for that reason they probably don't understand the concept of wisdom. I also doubt they have a sense of humor and the idea that people whould send them Christmas cards is beyond their ability to comprehend its purpose

"We need dissenting opinions but we should never trust others to manage or interpret the will of the people".
    OlKeith

I find the list judgmental and mocking of others values.
    Last edited by Greg Peterson; 12-01-2009 at 12:57 PM.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.

Merry Christmas!
    Gene
    Life is too short for cheap tools
    GH

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    A friend sent this to me a couple of years ago. I ran across it this afternoon and thought I would share.

AN ADEQUATE HOLIDAY TO YOU

Politically Correct Verse for the Season
    On the 12th day of the eurocentrically imposed midwinter festival, my Significant Other in a consenting adult, monogamous relationship gave to me:
    You should send your friend back a note! Giving you people? PC to talk slavery? Even when they attempt to find "Political Correctness", there are always errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Peterson View Post
    I find the list judgmental and mocking of others values.
    I find your post to be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Randal Stevenson View Post
    You should send your friend back a note! Giving you people? PC to talk slavery? Even when they attempt to find "Political Correctness", there are always errors.
    Randal,

Is it more PC not to talk slavery? Let's just sweep it under the rug so future generations are not aware of the evils of such. It would seem that by discussing the mistakes of our past we might avoid repeating them in the future.

It was not my intention to offend anyone with the original post, and I apologize to those who find it offensive. If the one of the Mods would like to delete the entire thread I am more than happy to have the thread deleted. I respect the views of others, and expect the same in return. The post was not meant to mock any set of beliefs or values. Under the guidlines of political correctness it is virtually impossible to wish anyone anything these days without being offensive to someone.

Here's my wish for all of you, whatever you choose to celebrate . . . Happy Whatever Your Heart Desires and Merry Every Day!

Bella Terra

I'm always amazed at how some people want to tell others what they can and cannot say, yet when someone tells those people what they can and cannot say, it's completely unacceptable. For some reason, I guess they can't see the forest through the trees to see that they are being hypocritical to not allow others to express their opinions.

Belinda, thanks for sharing, and don't give in and let people suggest this should be deleted or even remotely considered offensive. If it's considered offensive, then I'm offended they are offended. There. Now what? You're offended and I'm offended. So I guess we can't have a conversation any more because what I say offends you and what you say offends me. What are we, 6?

Yeah, that's a great place to be (sarcasm intended).
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Blog Entries
    I can't imagine how such thin skinned people even survive. It's always, my way is right and your way is wrong. Don't worry about them. You've done nothing wrong but brought a smile to most.

Allow me to retort and refine my observations. I don't find the list to be judgmental and mocking of others values.

The list IS judgmental and mocking of others values.

Plausible deniable is wonderfully useful defense. Of course the author of this list didn't mean to offend, judge or mock anyone. Anyone that would take offense at this a list is 'thin skinned' or is missing the point.

The listed is a poorly veiled political commentary.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.