Thread: Shop DC, PM1900

Shop DC, PM1900

I'm about to drive 4 hrs for a PM1900 220v 3hp single phase DC. Tomorrow

I'll be paying 195 cash, and I think the guy said it has Oneida bags.

this is my first step into big DC's

Will this be worth the 4hr trip (with wife and kids cramped into extended cad F250)

I think the answer is yes, but I'd like to be aware of any "lemon" products, the guy used the DC for his power carving and what not. His PM1900 is supposed to be in Excellent condition, no faults.

Any thoughts from the DC gurus on here?
    Thanks.

Blog Entries
    For $195 it's a good deal. The filtration is not as good as the larger 3HP+ cyclones but then again you are not paying $1k+. I would strongly recommend that you size your main line to the input diameter of the DC (looks to be 8") and use HVAC or PVC pipe wherever possible (not flex hose). Use blast gates to block off your runs when they are not in use (better suction at the tool that you're using).

I have the similar Jet model and I changed the bags to 1 micron. I ran 8" duct for a short run and branched out with 6" dropped to 5" and reduced to 4" (if needed) at the machine. I used 5" or 6" blast gates. The system works excellant.

Mojor Gloat coming on he he he

I'm still down in Fla. with the wife and kids (leaving tomorrow afternoon) and I've got an awesome deal rideing along in the back of my truck. Turns out the guy selling the PM1900 also gave me a trashcan seperator (complete lid and steel can) and about 30 ft of flex, some is 4" some looks to be 6". Also in the deal are two 1mic Onieda bags, and the original PM bags.

All this for $195

When I get back to Savannah I'll be taking pics and elaborating on my new toy in an upcoming gloat.

Man I love woodworking/tool collecting