Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Enter the Digital age

That is really, really cool, Aaron. After you've had a chance to use it a little more, can you report back on the accuracy and repeatability? I want one, now

How about a quick, easy, and cheap, digital angle indicator for your TS?

Remove the attachment screw and the small (aluminum?) tilt angle pointer from the front of the saw. Replace it with a 1" wide piece of steel flat stock that is long enough so it extends past the banana slot and clears the height hand wheel at the front.

Set your blade to zero with a Wixey, Beal, etc. tilt box, then stick the tilt box to the piece of steel and zero it. Now as you tilt the blade the tilt box will indicate the angle.

Like all these units, it will stay calibrated until your battery runs down or you knock it loose . If you have two tilt boxes, you can permanently attach one to the saw to avoid jarring it. It would be advisable to recalibrate for each session in your shop.

Now you have a more precise tilt indicator that you don't need to keep messing with and putting on and taking off your saw blade.

My biggest problems- my shop floor flexes a little which can affect calibration, and since this setup does not have a remote readout, I still need to bend over or kneel down to read it!