Thread: My harbor freight oscillating drum sander review

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My harbor freight oscillating drum sander review

Mike McCann sent me a coupon and I was able to get the sander for $84 total with tax. (They wouldn't let me use 2 coupons though.

I used it to sand all the contours of the 2 rocking chairs I made. The wood was all pt 2x4's so it wasn't too hard but was very pitchy. Every part got sander and re shaped so I put it through a pretty good test.

The sander worked great. Believe it or not it has plenty of power if you really need to bear down on it. It spins at about 2000 rpm which is fast enough.

It could use a bigger dust collection port but the dust collection does work. I used it without my collector on for a few minutes and the dust piled up real quick so the dust port helps a lot (off course)

The stroke is only 5/8 of an inch but that didn't seem to bother me though I'm sure an inch would be better.

The 80 grit sanding sleeve really lasts. works even with all that pitch on it. If I clean it it still has a lot of work left on it.

I do not like the way the extra sanding sleeves are stored. They need to be on the side, not the back

Over all it is a great tool. I have one of there 5" orbit sanders that I use on all kinds of things in and out of my shop so it gets a lot of use and is still going strong after wearing out boxes and boxes of 25 cnt sheets( 5 years now) and I expect to see the same longevity out of the drum sander.

I would buy it even if I didn't have the coupon. Its worth at least $150. Any more than that and I'd get the ridged with the belt attachment.

really good tool.
    Attached Images Attached Images