Thread: Hello Everyone !

Hello Everyone !

Quick question ! i need to buy 12x24x1/4 inch finished cherry, oak and maple, i did some research but couldnt really find anything, any good source ? any help is appreciated ! Thanks !
    60W Epilog Mini 24
    CorelDRAW X4
    Sony VAIO
    Wacom Intuos4 Tablet

JuLiAnA CoStA

your best option is to call a local wood shop and have them glue up and plane down the wood to your required dimensions. what do you plan on doing with the wood?
    S.M.Titmas.

"...I had field experience, a vocabulary and a criminal mind, I was a danger to myself and others."

-Anthony Bourdain

box making, such as wine, cd`s, jewelry !
    60W Epilog Mini 24
    CorelDRAW X4
    Sony VAIO
    Wacom Intuos4 Tablet

JuLiAnA CoStA

try....

Try the engraving forum, I believe they use those types of dimensions frequently and may be able to help.
    cheers
    pat

even though you may not be able to find a supplier for those pre-cut dimensions you can definitely find a shop who will cut the raw lumber down for a reasonable price.

my local millwork shop has a horizontal band saw that can re-saw 17" boards to a thickness of 3/8". two passes through the planer and you will have your 1/4" stock.
    S.M.Titmas.

"...I had field experience, a vocabulary and a criminal mind, I was a danger to myself and others."

-Anthony Bourdain

Second Pat's suggestion of Engraving section of this forum...
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler