Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Maple Thinline Telecaster

Wow...that finished up outstandingly!!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Crenshaw View Post
    Hi Seth. Thanks! I hope to do some recording this weekend. I'm curious how the finish may have affected this guitar. My guess is it will be minimal, but you never know.

Peace,
    Mark
    Actually, it was a thinly veiled attempt to get you to post more music! I read somewhere, possibly in a science magazine, that Stevie Ray Vaughn style rock/blues develops a deeper level of shine in the lacquer. I'm mostly sure it's true, but perhaps you can help confirm....
    Play drums!

I personally would have liked to see this with a brighter red but this is still absolutely gorgeous. If you run out of room and need a place to store it.....
    Use the fence Luke

Cool thread... Great work! Thanks for taking time out of the build to post the pics.
    ken

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Wow...that finished up outstandingly!!!
    Thanks Jim. I appreciate your comments and encouragement along the way on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Dolcourt View Post
    Actually, it was a thinly veiled attempt to get you to post more music! I read somewhere, possibly in a science magazine, that Stevie Ray Vaughn style rock/blues develops a deeper level of shine in the lacquer. I'm mostly sure it's true, but perhaps you can help confirm....
    Haha, that's good! Might be something to that but since SRV's Number One had little to no finish left on it, it may work the opposite way.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Shepard View Post
    I personally would have liked to see this with a brighter red but this is still absolutely gorgeous. If you run out of room and need a place to store it.....
    The camera really doesn't capture the true color. It always looks to have more blue in it than it does in person. Probably the flash adding a 5600K tint to the shots. My friend is going to help me take some studio shots when I get all the guitars finished.

Fortunately, I have room in my studio. For now anyway, but I have 4 more guitars in the works. May have to get a bigger studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Higginbotham View Post
    Cool thread... Great work! Thanks for taking time out of the build to post the pics.
    Thanks Ken. I really enjoy sharing the progress with the folks here at SMC.

Peace,
    Mark
    "Thought that is no longer limited brings experience that is no longer limited" Marianne Williamson.

Sound Clips

Here are some sound clips I recorded in the 15 mins I had this afternoon. Just a bunch of noodlin' actually. Not my proudest guitar moments. Clean neck middle and bridge thru my Line 6 FlexTone II with some delay. The guitar seems to have slightly compressed mids but it's a nice voice I think. The bridge pickup is a Fender Texas Special and the neck is a Fender Custom '62 Reissue.

Neck

Middle

Bridge

Better clips when I have a chance to spend some time in the studio.

Peace,
    Mark
    Last edited by Mark Crenshaw; 01-30-2010 at 8:42 PM.
    "Thought that is no longer limited brings experience that is no longer limited" Marianne Williamson.

Noodlin' huh?? Man I love this thread!! Mark you know how to put the icing on the cake

Mark, that really has a lovely tone. Bravo!
    --

bridge tone is SWEET.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Crenshaw View Post
    Here are some sound clips I recorded in the 15 mins I had this afternoon. ...
    Peace,
    Mark
    Can't....stop.....smiling........gud-ness, that's fabulous!

Time to get the drum making gear working again...

Cheers,

Seth
    Play drums!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Schafer View Post
    bridge tone is SWEET.
    I agree...I liked that one the best, although all three were great.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Calver View Post
    Noodlin' huh?? Man I love this thread!! Mark you know how to put the icing on the cake
    Thanks Ted. Mmmmm, cake!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Mark, that really has a lovely tone. Bravo!
    Thanks Jim!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Schafer View Post
    bridge tone is SWEET.
    Yep, the Texas Special has a really dark twang to it. I guess the guitar has a bit to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Dolcourt View Post
    Can't....stop.....smiling........gud-ness, that's fabulous!
    Thanks again Seth. You're too kind.
    Time to get the drum making gear working again...

Cheers,

Seth
    For sure. I'm very curious to learn more about it...very!

Peace,
    Mark

Wrapping it up

Well, pending any more responses, I'm putting this one to bed. I just wanted to say thanks to all who followed along and commented along the way. It means alot to have the support of guys and gals who know the effort it takes to bring a project from concept to final form. And a final form that you can be proud of.

Thanks again!

Stayed tuned...I have 3 more guitars in the works. All Teles. The maple/alder project I started awhile back, one made of beautiful quarter sawn ash with a flame maple neck/fretboard and one of solid walnut with a quarter sawn walnut neck and rosewood fretboard.

I also have templates on the way for Les Paul, Les Paul Jr, 60's Stratocaster, Paul Reed Smith 22 fret and Peavey Wolfgang. Much more to come!

Peace,
    Mark
    Last edited by Mark Crenshaw; 02-05-2010 at 5:54 PM.