Thread: heat transfers

heat transfers

looking for a company that sells sheets of heat transfers. All that I want to do is to put my Logo on shirts for my employees. I have the laser and the heat press, just need to have someone to point me in the right direction. I think that I'm using the right terms please correct if needed

thanks
    24 x 16 and 18 x 32 ULS, 24 x 16 Dahlgren Rotary engraver.

Kevin Johnson

Where are you based

Hi

There is a supplier in SA but I am guessing you in the USA ??

Hope you come right

Regards
    Alexa

in the U.S.
    24 x 16 and 18 x 32 ULS, 24 x 16 Dahlgren Rotary engraver.

Kevin Johnson

T-shirt transfers

Kevin

Call Transfer Express 1 800-622-2280 or check out their website
    transferexpress.com

I believe your looking for a custom sheet of your own design. I am a screen printer and use their transfer numbers for sports uniforms.

Goos luck with your project.

Kevin,
    you can find transfer paper for laser at this company http://www.themagictouchusa.com/ and this other one http://www.coastalbusiness.com/ also you can go visit this forum "t-shirtforums.com" there is a ton of info about transfers and different technologies for decorating on to textiles.

Ruben
    Last edited by Mike Null; 11-24-2009 at 6:17 PM. Reason: edited link

Are you thinking the Vinyl like film colored film you cut with a plotter and weed. Then heat press it on shirts.

We all know you should not cut Vinyl on the Laser but there might be something you can cut on the laser....

Check out http://www.grimco.com/vinyl_supplies.html

You may need to get a small Vinyl Cutter to do it.... At least this way....

Then there is the Heat Transfer stuff like Sublimation like I do..... The downfall is you need special shirts with a poly blend or cotton.

Then there is the CLTT... Color Laser toner Transfer.... The Magic touch stuff...

Good Luck,

AL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

To do shirts, you need an inkjet printer that uses pigmented ink, a heat press, and transfer paper for either light or dark shirts. Transfers don't do well on dark shirts because the ink has to be opaque and it gives a real heavy "hand" to the garment. Light shirts do really well with Jet Pro Soft Stretch (JPSS as it commonly referred to) transfer paper. You can, also use "vinyl" as available from Imprintables Warehouse or others. You will need a plotter to cut it though. I personally like the feel of this material.
    If you need to learn more about the process go to "t-shirtforums.com"
    Hope this helps you.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 11-24-2009 at 6:17 PM. Reason: edited forum link
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

There's a forum that could help

Not to sure if I'm allowed to post but the Apparel Decorators Forum could help out.

You might be able to offer some engraving to offset.

tbiz101forum.com

Regards

Roy N.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 11-25-2009 at 8:18 AM.
    Roy N.
    from Birkdale on the Bay Brisbane, Australia
    Skype ID is roynicho

Windows XP...Gravograph LS 100 30 Watt...Corel Draw x4...Photoshop CS 3...GravoStyle 5
    and struggling with most of them...but enjoying it.

Try www.Stahls.com
    They sell material that can be cut with a laser and then heat applied (heat press).
    Panos

ULS X660, 50watt
    AutoCAD 2004, Photoshop CS2, X3 Corel

Mike

Helix 75W runnin at 89W, Corel X3, Epilog Summit 25W (alive and kickin), CNC mills, lathes, vinyl cutter, Microflame Generator (flame polisher), and all kind of other stuff to keep things interesting

Some great info but....

Some good information here as I am venturing off into the Heat press world. Are there materials that can be cut with our laser engravers? Stahls has a material, but it shows a much different type of laser. I really can't afford a vinyl cutter at this time along with the heat press, but would like to do my own letters numbers and designs. Any help would be apprecitated.
    Tim
    Tim Baude
    Legends Awards & Custom Engraving
    Epilog Helix 24, 45w, CorelDRAW X4

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Baude View Post
    Some good information here as I am venturing off into the Heat press world. Are there materials that can be cut with our laser engravers? Stahls has a material, but it shows a much different type of laser. I really can't afford a vinyl cutter at this time along with the heat press, but would like to do my own letters numbers and designs. Any help would be apprecitated.
    Tim
    Tim, yes and no. Technically you can cut some of them, but it's tough in practical terms. For example, the product from Imprintables Warehouse called Spectra EcoFilm per Imprintables is actually not vinyl, I was told it was polyethylene, which would be safe to cut. However, the material is very very thin and lends itself to cutting on a plotter in lieu of a laser. Just speaking from experience, there are other ways to go if you just want to do garments.
    You can do regular transfers which has been discussed. You can buy plastisol transfers either stock or custom made. These are made by screenprinting. Of course, their is always actual screen printing. But if you can get a plotter, it will open up a lot of other avenues for you, such a signs and decals.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Kevin,
    The supplier we use is twill USA, we do a lot of appliques for the embroidery side of the shop. Just tell them what you want to do,
    they are extremely helpful.
    Linda Tetreault
    Laser Impressions
    Epilog Mini 45 watt
    Corel X5

Blog Entries
    I don't know your budget, but 24" plotters can often be had for <$200 on eBay.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

15. I just use a cheap one from Ebay

I do have two. One cost a fair bit and is very good but I mainly use the cheaper one I bought from Ebay. My daughter uses the more expensive one.

I can't follow a cut out boundary on mine but I can cut out some .bmps and fonts etc.

I have to use the more expensive model to follow registration marks... which I am still trying to learn to do.

The cutter plotter is really quite a cheap item. The software to go with it can be quite economical as well. I use Signcut x2 and you can buy a quarterly subsctiption for $36 It does everything that the more expensive machine and software will do. Ask for advice at the forum I gave before. They are very helpful... http://www.tbiz101forum.com/ It is the Apparel Decorator's Forum.

Regards

Roy N.
    Last edited by Roy Nicholson; 11-29-2009 at 4:20 AM.
    Roy N.
    from Birkdale on the Bay Brisbane, Australia
    Skype ID is roynicho

Windows XP...Gravograph LS 100 30 Watt...Corel Draw x4...Photoshop CS 3...GravoStyle 5
    and struggling with most of them...but enjoying it.