Thread: "more replies below current depth"

"more replies below current depth"

I have a thread going about a router table that I am building. I am adding pictures as I make progress. Its been a pretty active thread with over 1000 views and several questions being asked. Last night I added some pictures and the new post ended up in a "MORE REPLIES BELOW CURRENT DEPTH" section.

When a post with pictures is in such a section there is no paperclip to denote that there are pictures in that section. If someone is returning to the thread to look for updates they may not realize pictures have been added. Is there some way to ensure that a post will not end up in a "MORE REPLIES BELOW CURRENT DEPTH" section when the post is made?

I'm assuming the "MORE REPLIES BELOW CURRENT DEPTH" sections are for reducing bandwith/operation cost and that makes perfect sense. I just want the pictures I post to be as accessable as possible to everyone.

I'm not asking for any changes to be made, I just want to be educated on actions I can take to get around this particular issue.

Hi Paul

When I am doing a build thread I always add my posts this way.

On your first post hit quick reply.
    Then go advanced so you can load pictures.
    Doing this always ensures your new post will not be buried.

Hope this makes sense.

Gary

Does using the quick reply make the new post a decendant of the post your quick replying from?

Paul here is an example how it works.

Make sure you are in hybrid mode in the display modes.
    This will be a desendant of your first post...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Greathouse View Post
    Does using the quick reply make the new post a decendant of the post your quick replying from?
    Yes.

If you are using the hybrid mode to view posts - and you want your new post not to be buried - you can attach it to your last post by using the quick reply button. That way it will drop down and start a new section - regardless of how many replies were with your prior posting.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Thanks for the help guys,

I checked and I was already in hybrid mode. I tried the quick reply on another thread a while ago and I see how it works now. Is there any way to unbury/dig up the last picture post I made? Its the one titled "Triple Router Table Build".

Really the only what to have those pics or that post to not be buried is to have the mods delete the post and then re post it...

Would be worth a quick pm to one of them.