Thread: Time is off

Time is off

The time does not seem to be reporting correctly on threads.

As I type this, it is 5:40 PM EST, but the forum thinks it is 6:33 PM, and GMT -5. The offset is correct, since we're out of Daylight Saving Time, but the hour and minute are incorrect.

It's been this way all day, I think. It cannot be just me, as I've accessed the site from 2 separate locations, both logged in and just browsing.

I've noticed it for the last several days. It must be because of the DST switch.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Probably, but even the minutes are off. And I've seen them vary on both sides of the actual minute.

does it really matter?
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

For whatever it might be worth, the time of the original post in this thread shows as 5:35pm and just before I hit the button to post this, my computer clock (syncronized with the NTSB atomic clock) shows 5:30 CST.

Edit: And the forum says it was posted Today, 6:23 PM.

My UserCP says GMT-6 which is correct for CST. Looks like the SMC server time isn't syncronized to an online time standard ('cause the minutes are off) and hasn't been reset for the change from DT to ST ('cause the hour is off). But, I don't use the SMC server time for much of anything, so I'll hold off going ballistic for a little while.
    Last edited by Tom Veatch; 11-09-2009 at 7:31 PM.
    Tom Veatch
    Wichita, KS
    USA

I think it only matters to me because during browsing when I'm not logged in (i.e. from work), I can tell if a thread has gotten updated recently. Very helpful for the Deals and Discounts forum. When I'm logged in, my browser keeps track of what I've read, but even that gets reset every day or so.

Just posted a reply to a thread and looked and couldn't see my post. It was actually above a post made 15 minutes before I posted.

Not sure what's going on, but there is a time issue happening here.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Time warp

I believe that the voltage to the flux capacitor has dropped below the required 1.21 gigabites and created an unstable time warp continuum.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Nicholson View Post
    I believe that the voltage to the flux capacitor has dropped below the required 1.21 gigabites and created an unstable time warp continuum.
    Easy for you to say!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Bill Arnold
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

From the bottom of the thread display: