Thread: How much to charge?

Question How much to charge?

I have built alot of different things but never a murphy bed.
    I can figure cost on paint, materials (wood) , but dont know how much is involved time wise with tricky ( if any) joinery and the hardware.
    From what I have seen the hardware packages are between 2-300.

Anyone here thats built one before know how many hours I should figure for this to build and say a normal install for two guys? Its queen sized.
    Or maybe know of someone who has had one custom made and what it cost them? Im guessing 3-4k.

Thanks

I built one about a year ago using a kit purchased from Rockler. Took me about a month from start to finish, working nights and weekends as I had time. Nothing particularly complicated about it. The instructions and the DVD that came with the kit were very good. I dressed it up with some moulding applied to the front to simulate cabinet doors, crown around the top and lights. I used oak plywood (I edge banded it) for the show parts and poplar for the parts that aren't visible. The materials including finishes ran about $1000.00. I'd say 3k would be a bargain for the buyer, 4k would not be out of range. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Gamble View Post
    I built one about a year ago using a kit purchased from Rockler. Took me about a month from start to finish, working nights and weekends as I had time. Nothing particularly complicated about it. The instructions and the DVD that came with the kit were very good. I dressed it up with some moulding applied to the front to simulate cabinet doors, crown around the top and lights. I used oak plywood (I edge banded it) for the show parts and poplar for the parts that aren't visible. The materials including finishes ran about $1000.00. I'd say 3k would be a bargain for the buyer, 4k would not be out of range. Hope this helps.
    Thank you very much!