Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nitelite

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cunningham View Post
    Looked in my local Walmart last night. Nothing...
    Maybe looking in the wrong departments, or their not stocked in Canada.
    Bill, I've seen them at the North end Barrie Walmart, but not at the Mapleview one. I've also seen them at Canadian tire.
    -
    Zing 24 - 40 watts
    Corel X3/X5/X6
    Autocad 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Joe De Medeiros View Post
    Bill, I've seen them at the North end Barrie Walmart, but not at the Mapleview one. I've also seen them at Canadian tire.
    I did finally find some in the south end Walmart Joe.. I'll have to put these on my 'later to do list' until things slowdown sometime after Christmas..

Mike Lassiter
    Here is a special request photo night light that we did last night. I think it turned out pretty good.
    And Mike, your Barrel racing one looks great... Used to do that in my 'much' younger days..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Hunting for night lights

Frances and I undertook finding all the white or clear large night lights we could yesterday. I got on line at Wal Mart.com and searched for stores within 50 mile radius of us. We had already drove to the next nearest town and came up empty one night last week. I took the item number from sales receipt for the white night light and called 4 stores and ask them if they could tell me if they showed to have any of those in the store.

First you would think this would be as simple as someone typing in the number and telling you the answer. At some stores it was that easy, while at others the person at the customer service counter couldn't do it, and had to get a "member of management". Once they finally came to the phone then, they had to get to a computer or handheld to enter the number, so again you are put on hold. Some want to know what it is you are asking about, then before you can explain after telling them a LED night light you are put on hold waiting for someone from "that department" to answer the phone. You MIGHT get a answer, or you might not. After we started our trip to the first store, I had Frances call the dummy's back while I drove. She simply ask for a member of management with no explanation given and we seemed to get answers faster.

We drove a little over 200 miles going to 4 stores within 50 miles of us. The first store told me they had 1 white light, and they were the first we drove to - about 25 miles away. When we finally found the lights (at the isle the other night lights were on) we found 3 white lights and 19 others of various colors, and took them all. The second store about 40 miles away said they had 6 white lights so we felt pretty good that we would do good there. We found 7 colored lights and no white ones at the end of the isle the night lights were on. We walked to the "domestic" dept and searched every isle and found nothing. We got a lady to help us, and she took us to the hardware section (where we found the colored lights) to see the person over that department. When we found him, and spoke to him, he walked to the area the night lights were in and of course couldn't find what we wanted. I told him the colored ones were hanging at the end of the isle, and when he saw them he quickly said they were NOT in his department, but in domestics - even though they were hanging at the end of the isle that was in his department. We found a lady at the gun counter and ask her to again check the number for us. It said again, 6 lights in dept. 20 - where the sheets and so on are. We had already looked there once, but hey, maybe we BOTH missed them, so we walked back and looked again. The lady came just as we finished and she also looked - nothing. They could be on the clearance isle as they are no longer being stocked or reordered, so she took us 1/3 across the store and there we found 6 white LED night lights of a completely different style - and item number. So we drove to this store for nothing. We chose to leave the 7 colored lights as we already got 19 at the other store, and really wanted just to find the white or clear ones.

We drove to the next store now, about 20 miles away, but now headed back toward "home". There we found several colored lights but no white ones, so we left for the last store about 50 miles south. There they said they had 6 white lights and in fact we found 7 and several colored ones which again we left and just took the white ones. This little road trip took us about 7 hours to complete for 29 lights, to go with the other various colored ones we still had at home. Here is what I learned from the trip.
    You should call the stores before you go if you can give them the item number(s) they can tell you if they even SHOULD have them. Some of the stores did not show the item number when they checked it, meaning they no longer carry them at that store. 2 of the stores we called did not show them, so we only drove to the ones that told us they had them. Remember because they tell you they have some, doesn't make it so! The lady that helped us at the second stop said they probably had been stolen, and although they show having them, they like had been stolen as if they had been sold they wouldn't show them as being in stock. Also remember they can be in the hardware area with other night lights or domestic with sheets and towels. There seems to be no certain place for them, they can be in either location. Lastly you are looking for a specific item, and everyone you talk to will transfer you to someone else, or be pretty much no help at all. Of 4 stores we did our own hunting and looking in all 4, ask for help in one store and of the 3 people that we spoke too, only one of them really tried to help us find what we wanted. The other two couldn't get rid of us quick enough. So you should plan on being on your own with pretty much no usable help if you ask for it.

We have sold several of these and felt it would be worth having more just in case we could sell they. As we use clear acrylic to do photo's on, the ones that are pink,blue, yellow, etc really doesn't matter as we take those panels out anyway and don't use them. I may dig into this further by contacting Wal Marts home office or not; I haven't decided if it will be worth the trouble yet or not. We seem to have hit on a popular item in these, especially now at Christmas; but that may dry up when the holiday is over, only time will tell I guess.
    Universal Laser ILS 12.150D (48"x24") 135 watts total, with 60 watt and 75 watt laser cartridges. Class 4 Module (pass thru ability). Photograv 3.0, Corel X6, Adobe Design Standard CS4 Suite, Engrave Lab laser Version 8, Melco Single Head Comercial Embroidery Machine, The Magic Touch System with Oki C711WT printer, and Graphtec CE6000-60 plotter.

Retired Navy SHCS (SW/AW)
    Universal Versalaser VLS 3.50 30W / Corel X4
    God Bless

Lowes also has usable GE ones, although I could only find 'Shell' style which work great but the shell it comes with is pretty usless so it seems a shame to recycle it. The GE shell one just plugs in and out you dont have to loosen screws like the walmart ones ... need to use 1/4 or close acrylic, 1/8 is too wobbly.

I only had my experimental piece left so it looks funny because its covered in micro fractures from rubbing alchohol :-) I have been playing with mirrored acrylic and trying to stylize it ... microfractures are too loud with the mirror ...

Also attaching my corel file. It has a clean cut outline for the walmart ones and the cut lines for the GE Shell.

FYI, they were $2.60 at my lowes.

Here are some pics
    night_1.JPG

night_2.JPG

night_3.JPG

shell.cdr
    Shawn
    Brainstorm Kingston
    Kingston, NY

Epilog Helix 40W
    Purex Filtration Unit
    Gast Air Compressor

Brilliant! I like the idea of NOT having to wrestle with the screws... thanks! Next trip to Lowes will include buying some lights. Are the lights white or colored? That's one thing I like about the original small Walmart ones, they had blue lights.

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Unfortunately they are just white. I used one with day glow green acrylic and it looked good but short of changing the led out thats the only way to get color.
    Shawn
    Brainstorm Kingston
    Kingston, NY

Epilog Helix 40W
    Purex Filtration Unit
    Gast Air Compressor

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Shelton View Post
    Aha! I found an empty package of the larger night light.

Main Stays ... LED Night Light, with auto on/off

Made in china, walmart.com

the UPC number is 81669 02346
    Hi Amy,

Do you have the SKU from the receipt and maybe a photo of the packaging of the large light?

I think Dee bought all of them in North America, so going to try and order some if possible.
    ULS M-300 30W, CorelDraw X4

I noticed today that Walmart has the large Mainstays LED night lights back out. Mine were hanging with all different colors on an inner endcap by all of the towels. I picked up two clear/white ones. They are $5 which I think is a little high but it's ok to grab a few for experimenting. Of course the blue GE led lights are always in the light bulb isle and they are priced at $2.88.

I finally picked up a sheet of 1/4" Plexi and got a few experiments out. I think I'm learning a few tricks to make it work.

GCC Laser Pro Mercury L25

Quote Originally Posted by James Terry View Post
    I noticed today that Walmart has the large Mainstays LED night lights back out.
    Hey James,

Do you have the UPC number and maybe the SKU from the receipt of the large nightlights by chance?

Still haven't been able to find any yet =(

Nice pic of the Sugar Glider too =)

Personally, I prefer the always-on GE units.

The info I have collected so far is:

Mainstays LED Night Light - MS10-006-006-01 - Frosted White
    Barcode: 7 81669 02346 2
    Receipt: 078166902346 WHITE LED NL $5.00

Mainstays LED Night Light - MS10-006-006-07 - Lemon
    Barcode: 7 81669 02347 9
    Receipt: 078166902347 LEMON LED NL $5.00

GE LED Night Light 10937
    Barcode: 0 43180 10937 8
    Receipt: 004318010937 NIGHTLIGHT $2.88
    GCC Laser Pro Mercury L25

Quote Originally Posted by James Terry View Post
    Personally, I prefer the always-on GE units.

The info I have collected so far is:

Mainstays LED Night Light - MS10-006-006-01 - Frosted White
    Barcode: 7 81669 02346 2
    Receipt: 078166902346 WHITE LED NL $5.00

Mainstays LED Night Light - MS10-006-006-07 - Lemon
    Barcode: 7 81669 02347 9
    Receipt: 078166902347 LEMON LED NL $5.00

GE LED Night Light 10937
    Barcode: 0 43180 10937 8
    Receipt: 004318010937 NIGHTLIGHT $2.88
    James,

AWESOME!!! Thank you very much!
    Now I can bug the WalMart manager to order some.

Thought I'd update this thread ....

They remodeled our Walmart recently, and I discovered that they have the old style (with the square frosted acrylic, with the light sensor) back in stock. They have different colors that coordinate with their bath towels. They aren't hanging up on end-cap hangers anymore, they are on a shelf. The red towels have red night lights beside them, then the yellow towels have yellow night lights, etc. It made the display look nice. I'm glad they're back in stock, although I might continue to use the $3 GE kinds without the light sensor.
    ULS X-660 CO2 50 watt (July 2008), Corel X7, Photograv, GX 7000 for dye sub, Graphtec vinyl plotter, Rayzist Sandcarving system (Nov 2018), JPT MOPA M6 30 watt Fiber Laser (May 2019)