Thread: EEE-Ultra Shine and Shellawax

EEE-Ultra Shine and Shellawax

Hello everyone. I would like to try some new finishes on some bowls I will be finishing in a week or so. I have some EEE-Ultra Shine paste wax and some Shellawax friction polish I hope to try out on these bowls. Has anyone else used these products? Do you have any tips or advice you can offer?

Thanks in advance.
    Eugene in NC

EEE Is like liquide sandpaper. use it like that and you should get a nice surface. When the feeling of cutting dissapears crank up the lathe and polish away the wax left over.

Shellwax is like most FPīs i find it easyer to use, not so prone to make stripes.
    Rasmus Petersen - woodturning.dk.
    Itīs not a failure itīs a design opportunity

Eugene,
    Both are outstanding products, check over the web site for 'how too's' on each product.

http://www.ubeaut.com.au/ubhome.htm

The owner of the business is a turner among other things.

I use the products almost exclusively and ditto Rasmus's comments. Interestingly if sand down to around 320 or even 600. Then apply EEE the finish will be outstanding . Then apply the Shellawax at high speed, you may if you wish you can actually polish the Shellawax with the EEE .

The Shellawax will harden further over a few weeks to the point where you can drink alcohol out of a goblet done up with the Shellawax.
    neil

The wooden Potter

Raised in the US (elementary in Lawrence, graduated in Boulder). Now in Israel.
    For those who may have missed the point, EEE or triple-E, is a substitute for Tripoli (buffing compound). Recommended.

Thanks for the info. So far the only finish I have used on turnings is oil and wax. I am Looking forward to trying a new finish. The tips and the link will make this turn out a lot better with less ageivation I'm sure.
    Eugene in NC

Bear in mind that if the target is bowls/platters you need Shellawax Cream. The liquid dries out too fast.
    Cheers, Ern

link a to all pdf info

http://www.woodworkforums.com/f212/d...-sheets-96907/

The link is to all the Ubeaut range of product information on usage, tricks and common problems
    neil

The wooden Potter