Thread: Fisherman's Memorial

Fisherman's Memorial

Hi,
    Not posted on the board in a long time and unfortunately not done much out in the garage! Last year my dad passed away on November 16th after a 16 month battle with lung cancer. It was a difficult time but I also had some great moments with my dad over those 16 months he was sick.

Now my dad's biggest hobby was fishing. Unfortunately I never got into fishing with him but he would usually go ever weekend with his brothers or cousin. I was looking through some flyers I got this week from woodcraft and I saw they had a plan for a rod and reel tackle stand. That got me to thinking about trying to build more of a Fisherman's memorial. He never had a fish mounted but I would have some pictures, some special lures, and of course his favorite rods and reels. The woodcraft plan doesn't really display the lures or have a place for pictures. Has anyone ever seen a design that is more of a showcare or have any thoughts on this?
    Thanks!
    PS Here's the woodcraft plan:
    http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/202...aper-Plan.aspx

For whatever reason... I could not get the WC link to open. May be just my computer?
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Link worked OK for me (Mozilla)

Blog Entries
    I don't know if you know how to use sketchup or any of the other design programs, or perhaps even drawing something out by hand. It looks like the task at hand requires a custom touch....