Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
Yes, but Dr. SWMBO and I decided to leave it as-is. It will look fine in the room and I'm really ready to move on to new things.

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments. My dissatisfaction with some things shouldn't be construed to mean that the piece is "not nice" which would be far from the truth since it's a beautiful piece of furniture and I'm proud of it...remember, we are all our own worse critics because only the maker knows where the mistakes are in most cases. I bring them up here in the documentation so that learning can be had, both by me and others. The only way to grow skills is to directly acknowledge where you need to grow and deal with it the next time around.
Jim I agree with you on both points: We are always our own harshest critic (at least in my case) and I always know of mistakes that others never notice in just about every project. Secondly, on the headboard I just finished I too was overall pleased but felt the finish ended up too glossy. I know you can take it down w steel wool 0000 or wax or another coat but I was ready to move on. As one of our former Presidents said "I feel your pain".