Thread: Racal Breathing system

Racal Breathing system

Hi All
    Just a question as I see turners use personal air filters more then those doing flat work, Is a RACAL air filter system something a turner would use? Kind of looks like a Trend or something on that idea, battery pack hose filter to be worn behind you etc.

Had a new one given to me, extra batteries, filters etc. and not sure what to do with it, I do some turning but not that much.

Anybody heard of these?

Thanks Dave

I've used mine for many years, I wouldn't use anything else. 3M bought them out years ago, there was an update on the batteries a couple of years ago, they gave you a new charger and battery if you had one of the older ones. It is a great unit.

Randy

I've had an Airmate 3 since 1992. I've replaced filters, one visor, visor overlays, one hose, and have had one NiCad battery pack rebuilt. As mentioned above, 3M bought out the Racal line several years ago.

I've been pleased with the performance of my "air hat". The prices of replacement parts is scandalous. That's why I had my battery pack rebuilt by the folks at the local Batteries Plus store. The two sources I found online for new packs wanted $100 to $125. The rebuild cost me about $32!

Thanks Guys

After talking to my wife I think I will post it on Ebay or craigslist or something, my wife has been laid off since July and funds are tight, given that the holidays are right around the corner me thinks we could use the money.

Thanks again for yor help

Dave

You might consider posting it in the classifieds on here as well, seems like people are always looking for good deals on those systems.

anybody here have a idea for value? Not looking to gouge (but maybe buy a couple) just kidding this will be heating oil and Christmas money.

I don't even knwo where to start for an asking price

Thanks Dave

Try $200. That's about 1/3 the price of a new one at full list. That unit is far and away better than anything else on the amateur woodworking market. The retail dealers are missing the boat when it comes to offering quality dust management gear.

Jim
    Thanks for the help, I think I will open all the boxes and take inventory of all I have and list here in the classified section first.

Thanks again for your help

Dave

PM sent, Dave
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

So here is what I have found out about the PAPR I have

Breath Easy000.jpg

Breath Easy004.jpg

Airstream Breat Easy Turbo Unit 022-00-03
    2 Ni-Cad battieries
    Helmet with visor model BE1B HP
    6 replacement cartridges

As far as I can tell NOTHING has been used, batteries still wrapped with paper work visor on helmet still has protective cover.

I am postign a couple of pictures here for people that were helping me and I wll post on classifieds

Thansk for all your help

Can you please post the dates on the batteries?

Tks
    Grant
    Ottawa ON