Thread: Master List Updates ????

Question Master List Updates ????

Just Wondering Why We Are Not Updating
    Last edited by David Acosta; 09-23-2004 at 8:55 PM.

David,

We are updating. I have two boxes of pens to go through to list for individual turners but the totals for all groups are listed. I will go through these two boxes of pens this weekend and list the totals.

What updates are you referring to? Did I leave you out?

Jackie

Update

My Last Shipment Of 20 Pens Has A Delivery Confirmation On 9/18/04
    So My Total Should Be 80 Pens

Thanks

David,

I will check it out and update.

Thanks.

Jackie

I don't want to mess with this thread, but I am also short on the posted totals. I shipped 20 pens on August 12 and another 20 on Aug 23 which would bring my total to 390 instead of the 350. Maybe it takes that long to get a package to VA from WA. Seems like in the past it took about 2 weeks for my pens to get there. I have held off on shipping anymore until all are received. The pens I shipped on Aug 2 were posted on Sept 7 if indeed they were the ones shipped on Aug 2. I need to get caught up because all my packages are insured. Rod Torgeson in Appleton, WA.
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 09-25-2004 at 11:28 AM.
    Rod

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Torgeson
    I don't want to mess with this thread, but I am also short on the posted totals. I shipped 20 pens on August 12 and another 20 on Aug 23 which would bring my total to 390 instead of the 350. Maybe it takes that long to get a package to VA from WA. Seems like in the past it took about 2 weeks for my pens to get there. I have held off on shipping anymore until all are received. The pens I shipped on Aug 2 were posted on Sept 7 if indeed they were the ones shipped on Aug 2. I need to get caught up because all my packages are insured. Rod Torgeson in Appleton, WA
    Rod,
    I am not in the habit of answering for Jackie. However, at the rate we get pens in from all the sources it is really difficult to keep the master list updated. There are times when there is a large lag in time from receipt until posting occurs. Jackie, like most of us has a full plate and does a fantastic job. Please do not hold off shipments just because the list does not reflect all you have shipped. If you can imagine one person not only keeping up with where more than 17,000 pens have come in from in just over 7 months but all the other things Jackie is responsible for. Please bear with us, we do the best we can.

I am only assuming you are a member of a turning club/association which at times depending on how pens are received may be credited to the turning club or to the individual. It is hard to say where the pens are accounted for in the listings at times. However, all pens appear in the total pens received number - that number is extremely accurate.
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 09-25-2004 at 11:30 AM.

We receive pens in every type of state you can imagine, many don't have any information, name or identification at all and we try very hard to keep the master list as accurate as we can. Pens that are not individually wrapped or in pen tubes Jackie and I take the time to wrap each one to make sure they are not damaged when we ship them to the Middle East.

Rod's pens are always in plastic folders and he always includes his name and the information for each pen. Believe me I have seen plenty of really nice pens that Rod has made, it is almost impossible to miss his distinctive packaging.

Rod, some of your pens I tagged and am sending to the Chaplains in Iraq. The Chaplains pens are all personally engraved by me and that slows down the delivery a few days so some of your pens are most likely in a special box awaiting engraving along with some of the other turners pens that I felt were exceptional in quality and perfect for engraving, lighter colors and the wood selection.

All pens received in our office are opened and counted each day and the master list is updated immediately unless we receive a huge volume and it can take a couple of days for Jackie to inventory the pens. If you can imagine a wall with pen boxes stacked against it this is the kind of volume we receive every now and then. It is important that we keep our master list as accurate as possible even though it is a time-consuming job. We would appreciate it if everyone would review their totals often and let us know if we have made an error so we can keep our list as accurate as possible.