Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bob savage1 CNC start up advice

Ed, thanks again for the dust collection tip, although here I am spending more money!!! I need to be careful with my lungs. While I'd love to get the Harbor Freight system with the retrofit filter, for some reason I'm still concerned so I've been looking around for a "real" cyclone system. This seems like a good system for the price. Any thoughts?

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/TEMP142CX.html
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3

Bob

Like the one from HF this one will do the trick it will capture more due to the HP and the 14" prop will pull more cfm's this will allow you to zone it out and run sanders, planers,ect... using dampers to shut off unused zones. I think this is a great buy in that you in the future will not have to buy another dust system to just add one machine or some hand tools. just lay out the system on paper first. add drops or cap of the line where drops will be no prob. also for that money you can not beat collecting 99.98% of all wood chips and dust particles that enter the collector.

Hope this helps
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Jarrard View Post
    Like the one from HF this one will do the trick it will capture more due to the HP and the 14" prop will pull more cfm's this will allow you to zone it out and run sanders, planers,ect... using dampers to shut off unused zones. I think this is a great buy in that you in the future will not have to buy another dust system to just add one machine or some hand tools. just lay out the system on paper first. add drops or cap of the line where drops will be no prob. also for that money you can not beat collecting 99.98% of all wood chips and dust particles that enter the collector.

Hope this helps
    Thanks Joey!

I know you're busy, but also wanted to make sure my e-mail wasn't getting blocked by your SPAM filter (sent you a message Sunday).

I'd like to talk further about my CNC options, but figured I'd start with the e-mail on Sunday. I can give you a call later.
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3

Bob,
    Sounds like you got the green light from the boss!!!

I say jump in with booth feet!!

Nick

Bob

Email got by me I did get it but over looked the question and its no prob for a router.
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Bukky View Post
    Bob,
    Sounds like you got the green light from the boss!!!

I say jump in with booth feet!!

Nick
    Hahahah, well, my initial reaction was exactly that, but since I manage the money, I have to make sure I don't get us into a pickle. We're a single income family.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Jarrard View Post
    Email got by me I did get it but over looked the question and its no prob for a router.
    Excellent! I'll call you later today so we can put some scope around this. Thanks Joey.
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3

Alrightee then... looks like there's a plan. I'm witholding all information until some money leaves my acct.

Thanks to everybody for the input. Looking forward to making some wood chips... now, to plan for the hookup of the cyclone...
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3

Bob..... finally you threw a a Jim Carrie quote to with your avitar!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Bukky View Post
    Bob..... finally you threw a a Jim Carrie quote to with your avitar!
    I was wondering if anybody would catch that!
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Savage1 View Post
    Absolutely, and as somebody with Asthma, I am not taking this lightly. Lots more reading to do...
    I started with the delta 1.5 hp dust collector. It is not a very good unit. Bag gets clogged quickly, and it lets the fine dust through. I ended up buying a 5 hp cyclone from Clear Vue. Makes a very big difference. Much more volume, and much better filtration. If you have asthma, you just about have to use a cyclone. That fine dust is extremely damaging to the lungs over a period of time, it can cause COPD. The really fine dust gets past the bronchial tubes and settles deep inside the lung tissues.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by George Brown View Post
    I started with the delta 1.5 hp dust collector. It is not a very good unit. Bag gets clogged quickly, and it lets the fine dust through. I ended up buying a 5 hp cyclone from Clear Vue. Makes a very big difference. Much more volume, and much better filtration. If you have asthma, you just about have to use a cyclone. That fine dust is extremely damaging to the lungs over a period of time, it can cause COPD. The really fine dust gets past the bronchial tubes and settles deep inside the lung tissues.
    After doing some reading, I agree and am not taking a chance. I believe I'm going to buy this one:

CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3

Bob

That looks like a good one to me.
    Im going home to get some sleep. autocad till 1 am
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

Chip Box! Everything goes outside.

No Bags, No Filters, No Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Savage1 View Post
    After doing some reading, I agree and am not taking a chance. I believe I'm going to buy this one:

I have a pen state tempest DC in my shop and I am very happy with it.

I have a drum sander, tablesaw, scms, planer, jointer, and router table all hooked up to it with blast gates of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Chip Box! Everything goes outside.

No Bags, No Filters, No Problems
    I like the sound of it... any links to products/designs?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Schwartz View Post
    I have a pen state tempest DC in my shop and I am very happy with it.

I have a drum sander, tablesaw, scms, planer, jointer, and router table all hooked up to it with blast gates of course.
    That's great to hear. The price is better than most too.
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3