Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flock of Birdhouses

You are in the same ball park as us all I guess. I get $27 for mine. And thanks for the Hobby Lobby thing. I have to see if they do internet sales.

I just checked with the Hobby Lobby site and they have some. What size birds are you all using??? I just ordered some from another place and they are too fat and do not look right.
    Last edited by John Terefenko; 10-16-2009 at 4:28 PM.
    John T.

John,
    I just went and looked and there is no part number or skew number on the cards of birds. Just marked at $1.99. So the measurements are:
    Red birds are 6 to a card and 1 inch long, just right.
    Brown birds are 4 to a card and 1 3/8 inches long. In my opinion they are too big for most of my size houses, so I tried to only use them only on the biggest houses.
    Blue bird with orange breast, 4 to a card, 1 1/16 inch long, again, just right.
    The littlest one, green head and orange breast, is ¾ inch long. Too small for most of my houses, so only used then on the smallest houses.

These are the ones from Hobby Lobby. The ones from Michael’s are 4 to a pack and 1 1/16 inch long.

Hope that helps.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem

John,
    I just went and looked on the Hobby Lobby site.
    The Blue/Brown with orange breast are sku # 337278.
    The little green head are sku #587246
    The bigger brown one is sku 617993
    The red one is sku 618009.

They have the sizes listed a little different than what they actually are. They have a couple others listed that I don’t have, but would probably work also.

Thanks Maylon

I am going to try to order some and see what they look like. I do not have a Hobby Lobby store near me so I will try ordering. Have to get some houses made for some shows.
    John T.

Maylon

One other question. With the birds you bought did they come with that wire on the bottom and if so did you just cut this off??? Also I looked at the skew # you gave and it says the measurement of the birds are 1-1/2" Is this number wrong oin their add and they actually measure a little smaller??? Thanks
    John T.

John,
    The local HL had only one kind of birdies, like Maylon's #337278, about 3/4" overall, six to a card for 1.99. The wire is .018 dia. so I drilled .020 hole in perch for about 1" of wire, after glue set nip off excess wire at bottom of perch. Wife repainted some in different colors.
    Richard in Wimberley

Quote Originally Posted by John Terefenko View Post
    Maylon

One other question. With the birds you bought did they come with that wire on the bottom and if so did you just cut this off??? Also I looked at the skew # you gave and it says the measurement of the birds are 1-1/2" Is this number wrong oin their add and they actually measure a little smaller??? Thanks
    John,
    Yes the one's from HL come with the wire. But I cut it off and glue the birds on with thin CA first to get a quick set, then a small bead of medium CA. Their advertised measurements are wrong, they do actually measure smaller like you said and as I indicated in my earlier post.