Nope. Remember, you push the front stop against the material, then pull the back stop against it and lock that in place (on the left only). You are already snug and all the front clamp does is secure it to insure no movement. It doesn't take much pressure at all to secure it. Actually, far less than independent clamps require. I've never had a problem, but, if you put a caliper on it, you might be able to register a couple thousandths of movement, but if that's a problem, we probably shouldn't be working with wood.

When I turn my front clamp, and if it were perfectly flush with the stop, it doesn't move but about 1/32", depending on if you actually pulled the back stop down. Presuming you cut your material straight, that's enough to allow you to move it to the next position.

Finally, remember, the front clamp is in line with the back one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Miner View Post
Kelly---

Very nice looking jig, but I have a question. It seems to me that the clamping action is "backwards." The clamp is pushing the material away from the registration surface (front stop) rather than snugging it up to that surface. Am I missing something?