Thread: New to the forum

New to the forum

Well I guess this is where I come to say hi and let everyone know that I was turned onto this site from another forum (reefcentral). However I am a wood hobbyist and love working with it, I consider myself "self taught" never having any formal training except what I read in books and magazines. I have all the basic equipment to turn raw lumber into whatever I want (only limited to my skill)

Any way I'm glad to be hear and look forward to learning a lot from everyone.

And of coarse a thread isn't good without pics, so here's some of my projects that I have done:

flag case1.JPG

flag case.JPG

butcher block.jpg

pot ben.JPG

oak pot ben.JPG

bench1.JPG

bench.JPG

bunkbed1.JPG

And I'm also working on another full over full bunkbed that is more detailed than the oak one....more to come

Thanks for looking
    Jimmy

Very nice work Jimmy! Welcome to the Creek as well. Glad to see a "neighbor" here!

Welcome.
    I really like the flag cases. I have made many myself. If you would entertain a question, I would like to know why place a cover on them? I sorta like that idea. I have never seen one quite like that. Mine, and others I have seen, are always made for a display shelf or mantel.

Nice looking collection of projects you have there. Welcome!
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Thanks for the warm welcome....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Rozmiarek View Post
    Very nice work Jimmy! Welcome to the Creek as well. Glad to see a "neighbor" here!
    I noticed your location the other night.... How far west are you? I go as far as sidney quite a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Coleman View Post
    Welcome.
    I really like the flag cases. I have made many myself. If you would entertain a question, I would like to know why place a cover on them? I sorta like that idea. I have never seen one quite like that. Mine, and others I have seen, are always made for a display shelf or mantel.
    There was really no rhyme or reason except that I thought that it would be different. and of coarse I wanted it to be unique for the person I was giving it to.

Welcome to the Creek Jimmy! Wade right in the water's fine.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Jimmy, I'm a little north of Alliance. Out here, a couple hundred miles is local though!

Welcome to the forum. You have some nice looking projects.

welcome to the creek Jimmy, with the looks of your projects, you will be able to give us advice also
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired