Thread: My eclectic turnings for the week

My eclectic turnings for the week

Here is a variety of things I turned this past week, they include several bullet pens, Americana and Gatsby pens and some Slimline pens for the troops. I also turned some bottle stoppers, two door stoppers and a set of corn on the cob holders (only 8 more to finish). The walnut pen stand I made from a picture in one of my catalogs. Oh yes I also made a dibble for the LOML.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Robert, very nice work. You have a lot of variety there in materials and items, very colorful. One question: What's a dibble? I live in Sarasota in the Winter so maybe I'll see you sometime. Alan
    Alan T. Thank God for every pain free day you live.

Alan, my wife saw a Hallmark movie that had a dibble in it and she wanted one. It is used to make a small hole for planting seed in a garden. Amazon actually sell a version! When you get to Sarasota give me a call and maybe we can get together and talk shop.

Very nice work on everything! Quite the variety! Turned a dibble when I first started turning and we still use it! Real high-tech but works great!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

O.K. thanks for clearing that up. Since I'm the non gardening type, I guess that's why I didn't know that. My back and gardening don't get along. I'll contact you when I get to Sarasota.
    Alan T. Thank God for every pain free day you live.

Robert,

Good looking stuff.

Where do you get the corn sticker thingies? Do you rob one from a store-bought?

Thanks.

Rich
    *** "I have gained insights from many sources... experts, tradesman & novices.... no one has a monopoly on good ideas." Jim Dailey, SMC, Feb. 19, 2007
    *** "The best way to get better is to leave your ego in the parking lot."----Eddie Wood, 1994
    *** We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........
    *** Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA

Richard, I bought them from Penn State Industries. They come 10 in a pack. Here is the URL:

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKCCPACK.html

Great looking pieces Robert. You have been busy.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Robert,

Thanks. I may try and gin some up with some SS rod I have, but I do think I'll order a few sets of those, would make great Christmas gifts.

Rich
    *** "I have gained insights from many sources... experts, tradesman & novices.... no one has a monopoly on good ideas." Jim Dailey, SMC, Feb. 19, 2007
    *** "The best way to get better is to leave your ego in the parking lot."----Eddie Wood, 1994
    *** We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........
    *** Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA

Very nice. The corn holders are my favorite. I'll have to try some of those.
    Eugene in NC