Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monday Night Football Vikes vs Packers

Monday Night Football Vikes vs Packers

Apparently this game maybe the most watched regular season game in the history of the NFL. ABC, parent company, of ESPN the broadcaster of Monday Night Football, has postponed all of their regular programing ie. Dancing with the Stars. Since ESPN is a cable channel they felt that not everyone than wants to see the game could due to that. So the game will be shown on ABC and ESPN.

Hopefully it isn't much of a game and the Purple blow out the packers and Favre can be sat at halftime. GO VIKINGS.

Personally - I hope the Pack sets a new world record for number of times they sack Favre! Something about paybacks....

No matter who wins - should be an interesting game!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I just can't make up my mind.

Roy
    Walk fast and look worried.

Already got the snacks! Should be fun to watch.

Lifelong PA resident and Vikings fan! All they needed at QB was someone who could complete 67% of his passes and not turn the ball over. Let's hope he doesn't throw as many INT's as has been his wont. Unfortunately we'll have to go thru the same waffling the Packers have had to put up with over the last few years probably, but I'm finally optimistic again about the Vikes.
    You folks on the west coast have no idea how we on the east coast get screwed when it comes to watching (late night) sports. I get up by 5:00am and Moday Night Football isn't usually over until midnight, or after. Most games I don't even turn on anymore 'cause I can't stay up even til halftime. (extra inning post-season baseball even worse). Maybe I can get a nap in before this game.

Rick,

I have always respected those of you on the east coast for having to watch the games till the wee hours of the morning if you will.

I really hope "the grey beard" is the answer we have been looking for. We will not win as many regular season games as the 98 team. But that doesnt matter hopefully we can win the 2 more important games that the 98 team missed out on. And the waffling, what does it really matter. We knew this was only a 1 or maybe 2 year thing. Next off season if he retires and then unretires we will decide who give us a better chance to win at that time. This should be one heck of a fun game to watch. Not because of the importance of the game. It really isn't a pivitol game at this time. Even though any loss to the stinkin Packers is unacceptable. But the story lines. Brett Favre is playing for my beloved Purple, and now playing against the stinkin Packers. This is just priceless.

Rick - Yes, we realize how late the games are played in EST. There is a east coast bias when it comes to sports simply because of the three hour difference. by the time our games are starting you guys are going to bed.

Favre is an ill gotten gain.

Go Pack Go.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.

I hope it's shown on ABC nationwide, not just in the WI/MN areas as I don't get ESPN and don't feel like spending all night at the sports bar. It doesn't matter who's throwing the ball for the Vikes, the Pack just needs to crush 'em and take over control of the NFC Norris. Hopefully the game lives up to the hype and drama, without any F4vre last-second heroics.
    Last edited by Mark Patoka; 10-02-2009 at 9:03 AM.
    Mark Patoka
    Stafford, VA

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Patoka View Post
    I hope it's shown on ABC nationwide, not just in the WI/MN areas as I don't get ESPN and don't feel like spending all night at the sports bar. It doesn't matter who's throwing the ball for the Vikes, the Pack just needs to crush 'em and take over control of the NFC Norris. Hopefully the game lives up to the hype and drama, without any F4vre last-second heroics.
    I'm in the same boat...checked online and it doesn't show ABC having the game on, but who knows...GO PACK GO!!

Doesn't Favre play for the Packers? J/K! Enjoy the game!

Personally I'll be watching the Rockies hopefully sweep the Dodgers to take the NL West.

Hmmmmm

I think there was more to what went on about the Favre thing than anyone of us could ever try to understand! Of course I want the Packers to win, but I have also been watching the Minnesota games (he still is a fantastic player)! One of the local bars is having a bonfire before the game to burn all of Favre's stuff they have hanging...that I think is so dumb!

May the best team win!
    Phyllis

The problem with old guys like Favre is that by the end of the season he will be toast for the post season. He could barely raise his arm over his shoulder last year. i can't image this year will be any different.

I hope they light Favre up. He was an exceedingly sloppy quarterback for the last several years he played for GB. Everyone called him a gunslinger, but the truth is he was reckless and hurt the Pack on several occasions because of his poor decision making.

Back when Favre played under Holmgren, he was held accountable and he became an elite QB. After Holmgren left, he regressed as a qb.

All you Vikings fans, just wait. He will uncork a 6 int game and then you will see how frustrating it can be having him direct your team.

Not gonna happen this year. Since you guys are cheese heads you probably haven't seen him play. He has been a lot more responsible and knows what his role is. It is still AP's team. Last week we needed the Favre magic. But he isn't being asked to win games this season like he had been the past few years in GB. The packers haven't ever had a running back in AP's league, that takes a huge amount of pressure off of any quarterback. I don't expect any games with more than 2 int's. The one last week wasn't his fault. Bernard Berrian tiped one off of his hand that he should of caught causing a tip ball drill. So in reality he has played 3 games with out any bad throws that have ended up as int's. Dre Bly should of had a pick 6 but he can't catch either.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    Personally - I hope the Pack sets a new world record for number of times they sack Favre! Something about paybacks....

No matter who wins - should be an interesting game!
    I was kind of hoping Favre would hang about 6 TDs on the Packers for the same reason