Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ceramic glaze test - it's NOT cermark!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Boekers View Post
    CLT is Color laser transfer.
    Hey Marty, how durable is CLT on acrylic? Will it scratch off easily? How true are the color transfers?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Boekers View Post

I find it really amazing that only a few vendors step up to try to help us when we have problems.
    I believe that's what happens when any company has a monopoly.. they take their customers and their position for granted, then cry foul if someone else comes up with a better or different mousetrap.

Smart manufacturers will watch and listen to their customers, meet their needs before they know they have a need and keep it up.

I also believe that it has been proven that this country has a track record for inventing new and better ways to do or make pretty much everything, which is then copied by every other country. It's our patriotic duty to experiment and invent!

dee
    Last edited by Dee Gallo; 09-26-2009 at 5:09 PM.
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Gallo View Post
    It's our patriotic duty to experiment and invent!

dee
    Experimenting is a violation of somebody's patent!!!!!

(I wonder if they pay a finder's fee to whistleblowers............)
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

4. Sorry for leading you guys into thinking I had developed something just like cermark. I think it is within reach though, right now it is easiest for me just to use the process I'm using since we already have the kilns. I still keep some cermark and thermark around but personally don't like the stuff that much and hate the price. Lets work together and develop a glaze-like solution that can be sprayed easier (like the glaze I use), that can mark permanently onto the surface with the laser. let's do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clarkson View Post
    Hey Marty, how durable is CLT on acrylic? Will it scratch off easily? How true are the color transfers?

Steve I find these to be pretty durable, yes if you scrub them hard with a scotch pad some may scratch off. For plaques and gifts They should be fine.

as far as color goes much easier to handle than dye sub since the are a solid plastic based toner there isn't the chance of intermingling of the inks that turn to gas in dye sub.

What you see on the print out is what you get, with qualifiy that toner is transparent so the base shows through. So if you put it to wood you will see the color of the wood and graining come through.

I have to say I do love this stuff as it's easy to use.

Here is another website you might want to check out for laser transfer (I haven't had much luck with the in jet material)

http://www.papilio.com/

I use the water slide decal material all the time for esp for candles at events

I have done this on acrylic, there is a bigger learning curve than with tile, mainly working out pressure, time & temp. You do have to cover the whole acrylic with the transfer sheet (not necessarly with image just the sheet) as you may get a slight marking from the edge of the paper on the acrylic.

Remember toner is transparent so you can see through this. Similar to Crystal Magic. I have transfer to the reverse side of acrylic the sprayed it with Fusion Esp the silver and it came out cool and ingravable.

Hope this helps,

Marty
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Steve,

Somethings I agree we need to experiment with some things to come up with better ways.

But make us all a promise PLEASE!!!
    Don't experiment with Hydrogen generators for flame polishers!

Your too important to this forum!

Marty
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

My response

I am a single Technical Service Representative who is interested on helping out customers that may have problems with using our products. I only visit SawMillCreek when I have some free time at work to spare, a lot of times it’s during my lunch break. Yes, we take our patents seriously, if I didn’t, that would be like me saying that I don’t take my job seriously. So I felt I had to chime in.

Belinda, if you need help with using our products then I would be glad to help. Please contact me directly at 1-724-223-5990.

Michael Hunter, I missed the thread that had one of our customers having a problem getting a mark on knife blades. If you can show me where thread is I will also like to help.

Maybe I can get a moderator to send me an e-mail when ever there is a problem with our product.

Stephen Rozwood
    724-223-5990

Very interesting thread people!! I been experimenting with cermark, its ok product but not to happy with it,the results and the price, Tim i would sooo buy a batch of that glaze!!! Like asap!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco perez View Post
    Tim i would sooo buy a batch of that glaze!!! Like asap!!!!
    Francisco, you may want to read through Tim's replies again... he does not have a Thermark-competing glaze for use with the laser. His glaze must be kiln-fired.

My sample glazes will arrive the first few days in October (man they take a long time to ship). The price was right, though, at only $35 shipped for 7 or so different colors for me to play with.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Hello Steve Rozwood

The thread about the knife blade was entitled "Knife Blade Problem" and the last post was 25th September (sorry, I don't know how to link to it) - it is not clear whether the problem was solved or not.

It is really good when a manufacturer takes enough interest in their customers that they spend time on these forums - thanks for popping up!

Knife blade

Thanks Micheal, I found it and did my best to help him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Stephen Rozwood
    Technical Service Representative
    CerMark Laser Marking Products
    Ferro Corporation
    724-223-5990

12. Yep, my glazes need to be fired. I am working on something that works like cermark, however, but the pictures of the products I linked were using a glaze process.

Blog Entries
    I'm dusting off my inorganic and organic chemistry books... been a while since I've looked at those bad boys. It hasn't been tested yet (still waiting on my glazes to arrive), but I already have at least one way in mind to increase the richness of the colors (I need to dig up my old bookmarks for chemical supply houses, as well, it appears). The fun part? Determining what color change will happen when an element is heated at varying temps (black Cermark is yellow from the bottle, for example).
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Anyone know offhand what sort of temperatures we can hit with lasers?

but would it work with the heat of the laser??