Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I may have 'turned' the corner... (pics)

Walt,

You have turned the corner and it is round! Good job on the bowl. Ditto what Bob said about dishing out the bottom a little bit. I'v not turned mesquite but hear it doesn't move much so you may be ok on this bowl, but on other wood, I would always concave the bottom.

Steve
    When all is said and done--more is usually said than done.

Great looking bowl Walt! I really like the shape, the foot, everything. Very nicely done! I also use a tight, fingerless glove on my left hand.
    Chris

What! There's no coffee!!?

Hey Walt! Nice one. Great job on the finish and smooth surface. I like the base myself. Keep it up.
    Mark

You can sometimes count every orange on a tree but never all the trees in a single orange. -A.K. Ramanujan

Walt, nice bowl; glad to see you are feeling more confident about your turning proficiency. don't regret the earlier photos - it's nice to watch a person's skill progression. Keep it up! Mike

Really really nice work, Walt!

Walt very nice bowl I like the form , be sure to save mesquite chips for smoking on the bbq, really get all the use from the cost indeed. wrap em in foil pack size of hersey bar , poke a couple holes and rest on the the coals or just over the flame of a gas grill , close the cover until smoke all gone, do again for heavier flavor .... almost like be in in Texas.....and on a brisket slow roasted and smoked .....oh man .... er, in case you are vegitarian I do appoligise ....
    John 3:16

Very nice Walt.
    AB

Very nice bowl Walt.
    I to use a glove on the left hand. When there is bark coming off or when the wood coming off is hot.
    The foot gives it a nice lift, but maybe should be concave.

Jerry

Great looking bowl, and the pictures look good to me.