Thread: Hello

Hello

I'm not sure if this is where ya'll do it, but let me introduce myself. I'm Mickey, I've worked wood occasionally(framing, roofing, and such), but I'm a machinist/mechanic by trade.
    Had the pleasure to work for Porter Cable, the embarrassment to work for Black and Decker, and am currently the plant engineer for a small moulding/millwork company. I have been lurking around, reading the posts in all forums, and as I approach retirement(yeah, right), am trying to get my head around full time wood work. I've got a decent collection of tools, and reading here and elsewhere, plus keeping up the equipment at work, I've gleaned a fair amount of knowledge about the craft. Guess what I'm trying to say is, forgive in advance dumb questions, suggestions, and comments.
    Again, thanks for letting me read your posts. I've gotten a lot of inspiration, and look forward to interacting with the community.

Welcome, Mickey. Feel free to ask away. You'll get a lot of opinions.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Mickey...Welcome to the creek...If you've been wandering around on here you know it's a pretty special place. We hope you enjoy!!

Welcome to the Creek Mickey! Easiest way to jump right in is to start showing photos of some of your work! Folks here love photos!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Hi Mickey,

Welcome to the Creek. Retirement will be here before you know it.

Sam

Thanks guys, but I don't have any work to show yet(unless you count a 8" red oak cannon I turned when I built my baby lathe). Anybody got a plan for a carriage for a 8' cannon?

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the Creek!

Welcome to the Creek Mickey..

Welcome to the Creek Mickey!

"Deep South Texas" Huh? I was stationed at Kingsville for 14 months and spent a week in Harlingen babysitting a CT scanner.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Welcome to the Creek Mickey!

"Deep South Texas" Huh? I was stationed at Kingsville for 14 months and spent a week in Harlingen babysitting a CT scanner.
    Mission, Texas, any further south and ya' need an ID to get home!
    Thanks for the welcome guys...hope to get everything running before long. I do have a moulding factory to play in 'til I do.