Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Acrylic Flame Polisher Group Buy?

Well I have to be honest, I have not opened my box either. But I was always told I was a tool Junkie.
    Vytek 4' x 8', 35 watt. Epilog Legend 100 watt, Graphtec plotter. Corel x-4, Autocad 2008, Flexi sign, Adobe Illustrator, Photo Impact X-3 and half a dozen more.

Don't want to violate TOS - but we would be willing to help with the importing - as we import already on a regular basis. Let us know what you'd like and we can see what we can work out.
    Cliff Patrick
    Titan Industries, Inc.
    South Point, OH

L-Star 4896, Photoshop CS4, Corel Draw X4, PhotoGrav

I still have a Makita Planer Wet Grinder and all the wheels that has never seen daylight from 1994.... In my Navy Days of collecting tools.... I wonder if I can make a jig to sharpen my Star 912 bits with the green wheel? Off topic... Will address that later...

It is packed right next to my 2 Leigh D4 24 inch Dovetail Jigs.... Ex Wife bough me one for Christmas after I had already bought one.... Geee Thanks

Yes, I BE a Tool collector too....

I don't feel that bad that my polisher is still in the box... I am pulling the shop together for Winter and will use it for the Holiday Season.

AL
    Last edited by AL Ursich; 09-01-2009 at 2:43 PM.
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

Blog Entries
    Am I allowed to stick with the excuse of "I'm still constructing my workshop"?
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    How about all you slackers who haven't opened the box or used yours yet, just sell them to us so we can use them
    Sell or SEND?

I totally agree with you Steve!!!!!!
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by AL Ursich View Post

It is packed right next to my 2 Leigh D4 24 inch Dovetail Jigs.... Ex Wife bough me one for Christmas after I had already bought one.... Geee Thanks

AL
    Wish I had an Ex-wife! -Just kidding

I haven't opened mine either but "the road to heaven is paved with good intentions"
    That's why I know I'm going straight up- I intend to do alot of things I never get to.

Btw

I might be interested too.

Okay, is there a SINGLE person that bought it and used it? Geez, you guys are setting a bad example. No new toys until you use the ones you have (or donate them to more needy children that don't have any toys).
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I think Jack used his when he got it but not real sure.
    I actually have quite a few tools new still in their box, it is nice to have the right tool when you need it. I have a wet stone polisher that took me 6 years before I finally used it. It saved me quite a bit of money because I did have it too.
    Vytek 4' x 8', 35 watt. Epilog Legend 100 watt, Graphtec plotter. Corel x-4, Autocad 2008, Flexi sign, Adobe Illustrator, Photo Impact X-3 and half a dozen more.

I would like to be included in group buy if possible.

Kevin Waldron

Originally Posted by AL Ursich

Anyone that buys a leigh as a present sounds like a keeper to me

Wanna trade?
    Last edited by George Brown; 09-01-2009 at 7:45 PM.
    George

I didn't go for the flame polisher, but I sure collect tools that I 'might' need someday.. My sand blaster is still sitting, because I just have no time to play.. But lately, I've been buying air tools when their on sale.. Just bought nice 3" disk cutoff tool.. Don't need it 'yet' but it was only 17 bucks.. I'll use it for something.. Bought a air powered palm nailer, it'll drive a 70d nail, someday I'll use it for something, it was 25 bucks.. and On it goes..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    I'd like to know if Jack (or anyone else would even entertain the idea of bringing a batch over again). If so, there would have to be some incentive for him to do so.

I'd also like to know how the people that got the first batch are making out with them. I've not seen a single review or mention of them since they arrived, other than working out the chemical needed and fixing the plug that was incorrect.

Jack, you interested in doing this again, perhaps for a fee?

I'd take one as well, providing people are happy with them and they are working.
    I'm afraid I'm loaded down on projects right know to coordinate another buy. I do use my unit and find it very useful. To have such an intense amount on energy in such a tiny flame is really helpful.
    Jack

I use mine - for polishing and other things. The flame is incredibly tiny and hot.

It will polish acrylic while only charring the paper on the edge.

It will take out large area scratches without totally destroying the work.

If I heat plastics in a line, I can bend them (.060 - .080)

It will destroy almost anything I feed it.
    LaserPro Explorer II 30W

Sounds like a cool toy. Can't see adding one to my collection just yet but I love the group buy idea. Keep me posted!