Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Acrylic Flame Polisher Group Buy?

To all that purchased the flame polisher. Goldensign has said they will be completed on November 7th. They have contacted our forwarder and they will pick them up and have them shipped on the 16th of November since ships leave Shanghai on Monday's. It should take approximately 10-12 days to get to LA and then another 10-12 days to get to Ohio without any type of delay. I will keep people posted as I track the movement of this product. If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me.
    Cliff Patrick
    Titan Industries, Inc.
    South Point, OH

L-Star 4896, Photoshop CS4, Corel Draw X4, PhotoGrav

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Patrick View Post
    To all that purchased the flame polisher. Goldensign has said they will be completed on November 7th. They have contacted our forwarder and they will pick them up and have them shipped on the 16th of November since ships leave Shanghai on Monday's. It should take approximately 10-12 days to get to LA and then another 10-12 days to get to Ohio without any type of delay. I will keep people posted as I track the movement of this product. If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me.
    Wow, it takes the same amount of time to get it here from China as from LA to Ohio, doesn't say much about our carrier system.
    George

It all takes time

Quote Originally Posted by George Brown View Post
    Wow, it takes the same amount of time to get it here from China as from LA to Ohio, doesn't say much about our carrier system.
    Getting a shipment off the ship, through customs, and on the right truck to its final destination adds more time than one would think. When we have imported containers from India (coming to the east coast), the actual shipping time (once it is through customs) is just a few days via rail. We are in Minnesota, far from either coast. I generally allow 2-3 weeks after the ship arrives for final delivery. It can be longer if customs gets fussy.

Any word on estimated arrival time?

Thanks
    George

Flame Polisher

As of yesterday - 12-9-09, the polishers were on their way across the US being in Sandpoint, ID. We should have them in our warehouse either Friday or Monday. At that time, I will ship them out as quickly as possible.
    Cliff Patrick
    Titan Industries, Inc.
    South Point, OH

L-Star 4896, Photoshop CS4, Corel Draw X4, PhotoGrav

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Patrick View Post
    As of yesterday - 12-9-09, the polishers were on their way across the US being in Sandpoint, ID. We should have them in our warehouse either Friday or Monday. At that time, I will ship them out as quickly as possible.
    Sounds great! Thanks.
    George

Okay if all these people order one . . . how does it perform? Was the purchase and its application what you thought it would be??

Thanks
    Vicki

Vicki , we bought a chinese one , not sure if its the same as these , but they work brilliantly...I use our one daily. If you have a laser , a flame polisher is not THAT useful if you only want to use it on laser cut stuff , however if you do a lot of non laser fabrication or use a lot of thick acrylic and saw cut or router cut it , it's a wonderful tool. We make a ton of our own awards out of 1" thick acrylic and either saw or router cut it. We used to take a LOT of time getting a polished edge prior to buying the flame polisher sometime an hour or more , now it takes a minute or 2...
    These things take alcohol and some chemicals.. seems to last forever..we have yet to replenish any of it our machine...
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Thanks again, Sometimes the laser edge needs a little touch up but more importantly when we cut acrylic on the CNC Router we would like to have that "polished" edge look.

I appreciate your input and have found the unit you were referring to.

Looks like a purchase for the very near future.

All the best,
    Vicki

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki Rivrud View Post
    Okay if all these people order one . . . how does it perform? Was the purchase and its application what you thought it would be??

Thanks
    Vicki
    I've only used mine maybe twice. It works as it should...
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 05-31-2013 at 11:30 AM.
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3