Thread: Brazilian wood

Brazilian wood

I just got back from the wood shop of a friend of my niece here in Brazil. He makes furniture and was more than happy to show me the different woods he had and was more than happy to give me a bunch. More than I can bring home. I was hoping for about half a dozen pen blank pieces. He had boards and pieces 3x3x18 he wanted me to have. We cut some up and then he would not charge me. I gave him one of the pens that I had made with wood from Connecticut and he was delighted. My sister might bring some of what I leave behind with her in December when she comes for my son's wedding. I wanted to post some pictures but cannot figure it out. Help. Having a great time down here - great coffee Chris
    Last edited by Tim McClelland; 08-26-2009 at 7:04 PM.

Glad you're having a good time!

Tim,

Remember what you were taught in kindergarten: Bring enough of that beautiful, exotic, Brazilian wood to share!

I'm glad you're having a great time Tim! I'm looking forward to pics of the wood you're getting down there. I'm also glad the coffee is good!
    Chris

What! There's no coffee!!?

Wink

It might not hurt to throw in a picture or two of a beach or is that beech?!

Tim!

There was a picture posting tutorial on the site awhile back. I cannot remember all the details but do remember that a pix was limited in sixe to 107kbs. A free dowhlosd called "PIXresizer" was needed to get them to that size. after that it became easy to post. Steve S will most likely clue you on this. why don't you PM him. I saved the reduced files to shared pictures files. Good luck.
    Bob
    Last edited by robert hainstock; 08-27-2009 at 4:46 PM.
    Bob Hainstock

Tim - glad everything is working out for you! Looking forward to seeing photos when you get the time.

Here is the tutorial that Bob mentioned. Should answer all your questions... if not - send me a PM and we will figure things out.
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=25115
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Glad to hear things are going well. Don't forget pic's.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.