Thread: Pendants everywhere

Pendants everywhere

here's a couple i made from a slice of Yorrel burl, an Australian wood about 1 1/4". mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mike,
    Very nice, I like them both, particulary the one you "carved" (for lack of a better word to describe it). Did you do that after or before you turned it?
    Bob V.

Blog Entries

Wink Yorrelucky guy

Hi Mike,
    Very cool pendants.
    Now, how the heck do ya hold those?

Man, I just don't know anything!
    hehe
    Walt
    There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going! WCC

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss

Crohn's takes guts. WCC

Double sided tape
    ---I may be broke---but we have plenty of wood---

walt, just keep asking questions & turning!

walt, i made a small screw-on wood chuck for my mini-lathe, and used double sided-tape (turner's tape, whatever) to hold the pendant to that. turned to shape, then remounted and drilled hole with a drill bit in tailstock. then used an oscillating sander to shape the one pendant (3 wheeled that one, need to polish the other). have been thinking of using some sort of 'double jamb chuck' to allow me to turn both sides convex, so they aren't flat on one side. experiments & photos to come. walt, you will learn fast, i'm sure - i knew next to nothing 2 years or so ago when i started turning, and couldn't even spell wood turner - thanks to the Creek, now i are one. mike
    Last edited by Mike Minto; 08-27-2009 at 9:09 AM.