Thread: "new" MiniMax MM20 owners

"new" MiniMax MM20 owners

If it is not too much trouble, could you measure the distance from the back of the housing to the front of the bottom flywheel at the 6 o,clock position ... issue with the bottom door not being able to close as it hits the slightly protruding teeth of the blade as mentioned in a previous post,
    Thanks

John, you have some issues with your saw. Either it was built incorrectly or it is out of adjustment. If the blade is only hitting in one spot, it is hard to believe the wheels are coplaner. This is why MM has tech support, call them and get your saw running or get it replaced. I'm sure you are very frustrated.

Richard
    Richard

Sorry I meant to do this measurement a couple of days ago. I was in the shop tonight and remembered that you wanted a measurement but I didn't remember exactly what you wanted. So I measured the distance from the front of the bottom wheel to the edge of the metal where the door flange stops against. There is about 5/16" between the wheel and the door flange when the door is closed. (there is much more clearance around most of the wheel but on the hinge side it gets pretty close). I would have guessed that there was more space than that but, that's what it is. So on my MM20 you would have to hang the teeth off the bottom wheel by about 5/16" before they would catch the door. I did notice that the foam gasket that seals the dust in is chewed up some where the blade has caught it, but I think this is when I had my 1/4" blade pop off the wheel a couple of times before I moved it back a ways on the wheel.
    The Plane Anarchist