Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on my first real table saw, Grizzly G0690

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Mitchell View Post
    Okay, here's a picture of my G0691 just for fun:
    Your shop is way too clean. Nice saw.

decorations

I dunno. That grizzly cabinet must be pretty shoddy if you need a bird to keep the side from falling over. Can't quite tell what the gorilla is holding up.

Nice decorations

Thanks for the write-up. I am working on the same decision and upgrading from virtually the same contractor saw. I'm also looking at the Sawstop. It is a big jump in price, but I can afford it and cannot afford to loose fingers. If I don't go that extra step, a G691 is in my future.

Your write up (and others as well) confirmed that these are great deals and good saws. It cemented my decision to go with the G0691 which I just ordered about an hour ago. They will be on sale with free shipping until 9/19/09.

The G1023 is still going for cheap with free shipping, too. So glad I jumped on that one a few months ago! No riving knife, but a great machine nonetheless.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by greg decker View Post
    Your write up (and others as well) confirmed that these are great deals and good saws. It cemented my decision to go with the G0691 which I just ordered about an hour ago. They will be on sale with free shipping until 9/19/09.

I'll just jump in here to add that I bought a 691 that arrived about December last year. The packaging was undamaged; the fit and finish were good. It needed a minimum of adjustment to get straight and square.

This replaces a Ryobi BT3000 that scared me every time I needed to rip something. The motor bogged down, the blade started to smoke, and I was always afraid that the board would come flying out.

I'm convinced that a 3 hp saw is inherently safer than a 1 hp saw. Both can kill you, but the 3 hp saw doesn't even breathe hard when ripping white oak.

For my money, the 691 is in the sweet spot for value. It will be a long time before I'm better than it is.

I love my Grizzly machines, have had my table saw for over 5 years now, cut lots of stuff on it, spent many hours modifying it, this thing is a tank and a beast.
    100_1813.jpg100_1810.jpg100_1812.jpg

Awesome review and great choice. I have a question since Grizzly's web site does not note it. where are they located and if all their tools are USA made? I'm thinking about Saw Stop but money is not here yet so for now i'm just doing to comparison of which table saw I should buy.
    thanks
    Arek

Arek, this thread is over 5 years old. Your answer is on Grizzly's spec sheet - China. Grizzly's website also notes that they have warehouses in Washington state, PA, and Missouri.