Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get rid of Credit Card Apps in the mail

Get rid of Credit Card Apps in the mail

I think I have found a way to get rid of all the junk credit card apps.

I wrote NO in huge letters across each application, with a large magic marker, (this may have been overkill, but it felt good ) and mailed each one back in the post paid envelope.

It seems they don't like having to pay the postage and open their own junk mail.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hixon View Post

I wrote NO in huge letters across each application, with a large magic marker, (this may have been overkill, but it felt good ) and mailed each one back in the post paid envelope.

It seems they don't like having to pay the postage and open their own junk mail.
    i have a small shredder for that very purpose!! All unsolicited mail goes through this magical device and is turned into confetti!!

Just mail the empty envelope back to them..

4. There is an opt out form that works for most offers (note: it doesn't stop organizations you already deal with, like your credit union, bank, voluntary organizations like the NRA, or alumni associations from sending you offers). Its at: https://www.optoutprescreen.com/opt_form.cgi

You can opt out of most bulk email at http://www.the-dma.org/consumers/offmailinglist.html (members of the Direct Marketing Association adhere to that list; your local businesses don't, and the mailing lists from magazines, etc. are not always compliant with it.)

What about using the computer to make a flyer for selling the Brooklyn Bridge, and mailing that back in their prepaid envelope? Maybe at the bottom of the flyer, put something like, "If not interested in this offer, please remove me from your mailing list."
    They must get enough positive sales from this to keep doing it. I know their bulk mail expense is not first class postage rates, but it still costs money to send them. They wouldn't do it if enough people didn't bite. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Down here aussies are so cheap the spammers won't even include a postage paid envelope
    Sent from the bathtub on my Samsung Galaxy(C)S5 with waterproof Lifeproof Case(C), and spell check turned off!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hixon View Post

I wrote across the same one and mailed it numerous times. Even threatened legal action to no avail. So now I am back to what I was doing before as Charles suggested - shredder.

You can also call the card company and politely ask them to remove you from their solicitation list. We do not recieve any credit card offers in the mail.

Dan
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

Years ago I used to paste the return envelopes to a rock or a brick and drop that in a mail box.

Then later ( but still years ago) when I had well and truly mellowed into a law abiding citizen of indisputable character, I took to putting household garbage in the envelope and mailing that back.

Then eventually I realized it was easier to just throw it in the trash.

One additional way to retaliate!!
    Collect all the solicitations for a week or two and wjhen you have a good supply -
    Take the application, write NO and place it in the envelope of a different bank and mail it. It will make you feel better.
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rohrabacher View Post
    Then eventually I realized it was easier to just throw it in the trash.
    That's a good way to give someone an easy in to get a free credit card. The problem is the preapproved offers make it too easy for folks to get cards on your credit.

We shred all those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ashton View Post
    Down here aussies are so cheap the spammers won't even include a postage paid envelope
    Can you refuse to accept mail, down under? Here (USA) we can refuse to accept it. If it appears in my mail box I write 'delivery refused" and drop it back in the mail. I believe they get to pay the return postage unless it has "if undeliverable, please destroy."
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Russell View Post
    That's a good way to give someone an easy in to get a free credit card. The problem is the preapproved offers make it too easy for folks to get cards on your credit.

We shred all those things.

HA HA I threw a MAC renewal card out on time 'cause I looked like trash.

It can be a hassle to make right a stolen pre-approved card, but at law if you never agreed to it, then you are not responsible for any charges on it.
    Of course the card company will not just roll over when you tell 'em you never saw the thing.

14. You could write "deceased" on it and send it back. I know that it worked for me.

Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan Postmus View Post
    You could write "deceased" on it and send it back. I know that it worked for me.
    Believe it or not, but that is illegal in most if not all States.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.