Thread: Signed, sealed, and delivered.....

Signed, sealed, and delivered.....

Hello all,

I delivered my inside-out cross lamp to my niece this morning. This was a gift for her high school graduation. She will be leaving to go to college on Monday at Belmont Abbey in North Carolina. I gave her this lamp as a special gift to remember all of us back here when she is so far away. She was extremely pleased with it.

The wood for the lamp is: Black walnut body and base, Ambrosia bird's eye maple for the feature ring, and Steve Schlumpf bird's eye maple for the center spire. Black felt on the bottom for cushion.

A special thanks goes out to Larry Marley for his excellent video showing the inside out turning process. I couldn't have done this without watching that video a few hundred times.....LOL.

C&C welcome as always.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike Svoma

"There is nothing sexier than a woman in camoflage"

It's a dandy, Mike. Saw it at our club meeting at the beginning of the month and it sure is beautiful!!...

Thanks Brian.
    Mike Svoma

That is a beauty Mike. I am sure she will love and cherish it.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Beautiful lamp! What a wonderful gift!
    Chris

What! There's no coffee!!?

Mike - beautiful lamp! Love the imagination! Very nice form! Beautiful woods and finish! The photo of your niece holding the lamp says it all! What more could you ask for? Very nice work! Thanks for sharing!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Your gift and the receipant are lovely! I'm sure she was pleased with such a piece of craftmanship.. First rate...Bil..

Gee if only I could get a smile like that.......

Mike, Like Brian said we all got a hands on preview at the meeting at the beginning of the month and you did a fine job for a first time inside out turning of such magnitude! You put lots of thought and heart into it and your niece will have an heirloom for the rest of her life and on into her future children and grandchildren!

Congrats and thanks for sharing,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

mike, that is a beautiful lamp. I too have a kid heading to college this week. You gave me an inspiration. i think I will turn something like a pencil holder for him for his desk.

joe
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Thanks for all of the kind words. I really enjoyed this project. My sister in law was so impressed with it that she would like me to make one for her for their home. She has an apple motif in the house, so that is what I am going to do for her. I'll post when I do it. It will have to wait til later though. Christmas projects and hunting season will be taking priority this fall.

Thanks again.

Mike
    Mike Svoma