Thread: 2x4 contest

2x4 contest

Hi

The Capitol Area Woodturners club I belong to is having a 2x4 contest. I don't much care for turning 2x4 as it doesn't have much strength, turns poorly, moves a LOT. 2x4s glue well and sanding is usually effective. The knots are plentiful and they don't hold much interest, though the wood next to a knot can often exhibit some chatoyance.

This table is a collaboration with another member of the club. I used the collaboration as an excuse to use two 2x4s.

I like wearing Hawaiian shirts which is where I got my inspiration for the coloring. the design of the table was a collaboration that was partly limited by the size of my friends 1018 lathe.

The table is 20" across and 26" tall.

Thanks for looking

Richard
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Large print givith
    and the fine print takith away

Well done Richard! I look forward to seeing it "Live" on Saturday. Say, I've been meaning to ask you, do they make Hawaiian shirts for the winter season?!?!?!??!

Stu

Hi Stu

Of course there are winter Hawaiian shirts. I have two "Christmas" Hawaiian shirts. I will almost certinaly wear one of those to the Woodturners Ball in December.

The project was a lot of fun. Paul and I are looking forward to coments on Saturday. I wonder what other, 2x4 spawned, creations will be displayed.

Thanks

Richard
    The Large print givith
    and the fine print takith away