Thread: Delta 46-460 lathe

Delta 46-460 lathe

Anyone have this new lathe? If so, how long and how is it running so far? It is on my list of possible purchases but since it is new i am scepticle about it but the specs look really great.

Jack,
    Delta did this one right and it is a pleasure to use. I've been using mine for about two months and it everything the specs are telling you.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Blasic View Post
    Jack,
    Delta did this one right and it is a pleasure to use. I've been using mine for about two months and it everything the specs are telling you.
    Bill
    What is the biggest thing you have turned on it. Just trying to get an idea of its largest capabilities.

Delta Lathe

It is a great lathe. I have about 100 hours of run time on it now and have turned a lot of different things with no problems.
    The largest I have done so far is green crabapple, finished bowl is 11 3/8" X 3 1/2"

Here is a page of some of the other things I have turned on it too.
    http://www.scrollsaws.com/deltaVSlathe.htm
    Corel Draw 9, 12, X3 Also a CNC Router user. Web page http://www.scrollsaws.com

Jack, I havent use one but I did check it out at woodcraft yesterday and this thing is built like a tank....if I was looking for a small lathe this one would be my first choice
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

Holy cow Rick, do you ever sleep? That's a lot of nice work, a few forms I've never seen before.

had to say something, rick dude, that is a lottttt of work, is it all finished in one day?

A lot of the stuff I turn but do not sand and finish. Some day I may do a show and sell unfinished turnings. Until then I do finish some but otherwise just keep stacking them up for the day I think harder about selling them. Right now I think there are over 5000 turnings sitting upstairs in boxes.
    If people would just quit giving me all the free wood. Jut had a call yeaterday a friend cut down a 24" or bigger walnut and I can have it all or he will burn it in a brush pile. So much wood and so little time.
    Corel Draw 9, 12, X3 Also a CNC Router user. Web page http://www.scrollsaws.com

I have gotten to use one. It is smooth, quiet, built like a tank and has more power than my Jet or Rikon. I wish it had been out when I got these because that would have been my choice. Delta got this one right.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hutcheson View Post
    It is a great lathe. I have about 100 hours of run time on it now and have turned a lot of different things with no problems.
    The largest I have done so far is green crabapple, finished bowl is 11 3/8" X 3 1/2"

Here is a page of some of the other things I have turned on it too.
    http://www.scrollsaws.com/deltaVSlathe.htm

Holy S**t,,,,,,,,,Did you stay up for the whole 100 hours making all that stuff!!!!!! I'm like you with the wood. I have a garage FULL and no darn lathe. The Delta looks like it will do what I need it to do. Thanks Rick.