Thread: Pace Maker in a hollow form .....

Pace Maker in a hollow form .....

Hi All.
    Just a quick note to let yall know that my new pace maker does not interfear with my wood lathe electronics....phew I thought I was gonna have to hire some one to turn the thing manually by hand for a while there... Doctor locked me out of the shop for 6 weeks which means the county fair projects I started last month will not make it to judging . but the good news is the battery will last 4 years so I will be ready for the fair in 2013 for sure..... Everything is healing fine and I feel pretty good compared to the last 6 months of rapid heart beat, chest pressure and short of breath ,ER over nite stays at the local B & B hosp, and really LOUSY food...... For those that have 'em , I got a Medtronic 3 wire ICD/defibulator Consulta ( and no ... i have no financial intrest other than the 120,000$ bill they sent me).
    Paul
    John 3:16

Glad to hear you're doing well, Paul! Sounds like you got a good one---I watch EKG monitors on an acute cardiology floor. Looking forward to seeing new turnings.

Paul - glad you are doing better! 6 weeks locked out of the shop is a small price to pay - if the end result is you feeling better! Enjoy your shop time! Looking forward to seeing what you turn!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Glad to hear that things are working out and your feeling better. 6 weeks will go faster than you think.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Northwest Montana about 20 miles from Glacier National Park
    Paul,

My father-in-law was one of the first people in the country to receive that same device. They told him even with the pacemaker/defib that he would only make it about 6 to 8 months, but he was willing to be a guinie pig. That was over six years ago, and he is still going strong. He's had a few bumps along the way, but that device and a hell of a good doctor gave him a new lease on life.

I wish you well, take care of yourself, and congratulations on being able to turn turn turn! *grin*

Rick (mtgrizzly52)

$120,000!!!!!! I don't want to start a political thing here by how do you Americans deal with this?!?!?!?!? Thank all that is holy that we have a universal healthcare system.

Steve -
    Happy to be a Canadian
    REALLY happy to be Canadian when I read things like this.

Paul,

I noticed you hadn't been posting for a while. I'm glad things have gone well for you and look forward to your future contributions here at the Creek!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Paul, Glad to hear you are feeling better and healing well. In four years be really careful to connect the + and - of the new battery to the right terminals so your heart won't run backwards. Good luck.
    Richard in Wimberley

Supercharged

Just stay away from magnets and you'll be fine! Of course, almost every power tool has a magnet. I never let that bother me and have never had a problem. Glad you're back in the shop. Now that you're supercharged we'll be looking for a lot of good stuff from you! GRIN .......Ron
    A turning a day keeps the doctor away.

Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone , hopefully Ron is correct and I can get back to more than one or two turnings a year.... now to find the key to the shop .....
    John 3:16