Thread: Hollow form interior sander

Hollow form interior sander

I made a simple sander to get to the bottom of hollow forms.
    I took a spade bit extension and cut it down to about 6". I made a holder for the extension be drilling a piece of cold rolled and drilling/tapping for set screws, I made a second extension with a bent end. I can use any power sanding disk holder that will fit a 1/4" chuck. The handle is Poplar from the BORG.
    (Mr Schlumpf and company, have me hooked on HF's.. Seems that's all I turn lately!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Steve Frederick; 07-29-2009 at 8:58 PM. Reason: Poor spelling
    Blessings, Steve

Good idea Steve, I have downloaded the pic for future reference when I get around to doing HF.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Wayne

Steve - they look like they should work great! I have a 6" bit extender that I used for a long time with 2" sanding disks. Problem I have now is that I have been turning much smaller openings on the hollow forms and none of my sanding supplies can get to the inside! So... I leave them 'natural' and go turn the next one!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Great idea Steve. It looks like it should work real well.
    Chris

What! There's no coffee!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    Steve - they look like they should work great! I have a 6" bit extender that I used for a long time with 2" sanding disks. Problem I have now is that I have been turning much smaller openings on the hollow forms and none of my sanding supplies can get to the inside! So... I leave them 'natural' and go turn the next one!
    Steve, I just picked up one of these...CA's some velcro to one of the pads, put it in the extender and us it for smaller openings..

BTW if the link is a no, no, the item number is 96785-1VGA at Harbor Frieght. (saved the mods some editing if needed )

Jeff - appreciate the link! Looks like it would work great!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

All I did was to get a spare 2" pad and reduce the diameter on the linisher to the size i needed. Had to grind away the metal disc at the base on the grinder as well. Now I have a 3/4"dia sanding pad on a 8" extender bar, works well
    neil

The wooden Potter