Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another 3D update

Another 3D update

Hi all, just an update on my 3D exploits. I won't bother you guys anymore, it's going to get boring... BUT this one is an improvement on what you've seen already, I think. It's done on cherry and has not been finished, the customer will have someone do that since she did not send the case.

cheers, dee
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

You never bother us dee
    FRED SANCHEZ
    Universal VLS3.60 , Roland GX24 , CorelDraw X3 , Windows XP

Quote Originally Posted by fred sanchez View Post
    You never bother us dee
    You are so nice, Fred - thanks! dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Once again a spectacular result Dee,

Please keep sharing.

Dave.
    LaserScript 9060 SE 60W - LaserCut 5.1,
    PhotoImpact X3, CorelDraw 12, PhotoGrav, Adobe CS3

Dee,

I'm just gonna start sending all my jobs to you!

That's truly impressive. So what did you do to improve on your last one? Just little tweaks or did you learn anything new?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clarkson View Post
    Dee,

I'm just gonna start sending all my jobs to you!

That's truly impressive. So what did you do to improve on your last one? Just little tweaks or did you learn anything new?
    Thanks, Steve,

Didn't learn anything new, but I did manage to make this design in half the time the first one took, since I understood what would look like what - plus, I did a test burn on a scrap and added some small 1/2 pt. lines to emphasize certain overlaps. I did do a second pass on this one for more depth to match her other designs on the case.

cheers, dee

Red Coin Mah Jong

They are getting better each time Dee. Fred is right, you won't bother us, actually that's because this type of stuff doesn't get boring. Seeing what can be achieved with some effort is a good incentive, so don't stop posting.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

WOW Dee , that is great, and as the others you do not bother us with your amazing work. Please continue to post your work, it is awesome!!!
    Mike

Helix 75W runnin at 89W, Corel X3, Epilog Summit 25W (alive and kickin), CNC mills, lathes, vinyl cutter, Microflame Generator (flame polisher), and all kind of other stuff to keep things interesting

Awesome Dee!!!

A few things I'm curious about: the dimensions and how long it took to engrave?

Cheers,
    Doug
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

Dee
    Your work is absolutly inspiring! I've only had my laser a few months and work like yours inspires me (and others I'm sure) to excelence.

Randy

P.S. Please bother us some more.
    Grandpa
    Well equiped wood shop

Universal VLS230
    Sand Carving toys

Corel X8
    Randy Walker aka woodchuck
    Duck River Woodturners VP
    TAW member, Symposium comity member
    Volunteer Woodturners member
    Dickson Woodturners member

Superb

Beautiful work Dee. Is the design yours also?
    Steve Eide
    Versalaser 300 30 watt; Corel Draw X4; PhotoGrav 3

Pestering us.

Dee,

You could never be seen as a pest. Especially, after I learned your tracing technique that you so generously posted. In fact, if I lived closure to you, you would have to kick me off your front stoop in the morning just to get to your morning paper. You could be my Laser-sensei.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Steve
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Honey and Coco
    Steve / Sandy Wallace
    Lasting Laser Impressions

FaceBook - search Steven Wallace; Epilog mini 18 - 35w, rotary tool, Corel X3, PhotoGrav 3.0

Dee Fantastic.
    You have blazed the trail!
    Challenge now is to go try some 3D work here.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Griffith View Post
    Awesome Dee!!!

A few things I'm curious about: the dimensions and how long it took to engrave?

Cheers,
    Doug
    The piece is small, only 6.5" x 9". It took about 1/2 hour to engrave, 2 passes.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments - I will keep posting future developments, too. I just thought what interested ME was not always so interesting to other people, but I guess it is!

cheers, dee

Red Coin Mah Jong

Hi Dee,

I read and don't type much around here now but I sure would like to see more and hear how you do that!

Looks great!

If it was easy, I might try something today as tomorrow is my 27th anniversary and I have not made anything yet but dinner plans.

Ed
    Trotec Speedy 300 45W
    Universal VLS4.60 50W
    Universal M-300 50w
    ShopBot PRSAlpha48
    Techno LC4848
    Oneway 2436