Thread: Looking for black marble to engrave

Looking for black marble to engrave

Hello everybody

I'm looking for some black marble to engrave.Can someone tell me where can i get it.

Regards

Miguel
    Corel Draw x3, PS CS3, PhotoGrav 2.1,CamTech L5...

Hi Miguel

Try http://www.lasersketch.com, thats the only one I know of. Tried to find local supplier for absolute black marble with out any luck.
    Mike

Helix 75W runnin at 89W, Corel X3, Epilog Summit 25W (alive and kickin), CNC mills, lathes, vinyl cutter, Microflame Generator (flame polisher), and all kind of other stuff to keep things interesting

How much are you looking for and where are you located?
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

hello

Hello Michael

I'm from Portugal. I cheked on the internet and i found some chinese company that sell black marble, but they are not marble tiles, but black granite.

marble or granite...

i cheked that link, but i think thats black granite...are you sure that material is marble?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Christen View Post
    Hi Miguel

Try http://www.lasersketch.com, thats the only one I know of. Tried to find local supplier for absolute black marble with out any luck.

http://www.lasersketch.com/catalog/L...arble-1106.htm

They have both, marble and granite.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

The marble may not be real marble - seems soft - engraves with very little power - you won't get that bright white you see with other marble.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

New to the industry is Titan Industries, Inc. They will be carrying marble, granite, wood products, acrylic, as well as other products for the laser engraving industry. They are located in South Point, OH and can be reached at 740-451-0574.
    Cliff Patrick
    Titan Industries, Inc.
    South Point, OH

L-Star 4896, Photoshop CS4, Corel Draw X4, PhotoGrav

Most tile shops can order Nero Marquina marble .. It's real marble that engraves white. (some of it in not pure black, but you can ask for pure black and get it)..Remember, real marble requires a LOT more power than the lasersketch type 'marble' and it's a lot more forgiving..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Not all granite and marble is ideal for laser engraving. We have found the absolutely black marble to be inconsistant from batch to batch and require determining new power and speed settings for each batch or size. This was not practical for our customers.

LaserBits.com carries a complete line of marble gift items and granite tiles that are laser tested and consistant.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 08-08-2009 at 6:53 AM. Reason: removed link
    'Redline is an aim point'

Mike Fruciano
    Owner
    LaserBits

[QUOTE=Mike Fruciano;1187303]Not all granite and marble is ideal for laser engraving. We have found the absolutely black marble to be inconsistant from batch to batch and require determining new power and speed settings for each batch or size. This was not practical for our customers.

LaserBits.com carries a complete line of marble gift items and granite tiles that are laser tested and consistant.

Yes, but the laserbits 'marble' is not marble, it's closer to granite. It does not turn white, and is not as forgiving as real marble.. I have used brown from H.D., and black nero from tile shops, they all etched white, and reproduced photographs with amazing detail, much better than granite. Keep in mind, if it's going outside, real marble is your worst choice the laserbits 'marble' and their granite is very outside durable, and both are impervious to acid rain. Although both do need to be whitened..
    Last edited by Mike Null; 08-08-2009 at 6:53 AM. Reason: removed link
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it