Thread: AARRRGGGHHH! another design change

Angry AARRRGGGHHH! another design change

Well I finally braved the cold for a a couple of hours in the shop today. First time in about 3 weeks.
    <p align="center"><font size="4" color="blue"><b>Man I hate cold!</b></font><p>
    Anyway - I needed to cut some melamine faced MDF for some kitchen cabinet repairs on a rental property - so I got that done.

I figured I could stand the cold for a while longer so I took out my small 3 sided cherry box I've been working on. I had to trim about a 1/2" off the top of all 3 sides to fix some mistakes - er I mean because I decided to wrap the box in curly maple banding.

Anyway I got the 2 sides done & re set the fence for the back. I got 1/2 way through & the box rode up on the blade a little (I think I twisted it) - No big deal the blade was only raised about 1/3" - but when I pushed it back down I took a chunk out of the back of the box

Now I have to do another design change

I think I have it figured out how I can cover the goof up with more maple.

<p align="center"><font size="3" color="red"><b>I'm blaming the whole thing on the cold <br>It kept me from concentrating enough on my work.</b></font><br><b>That's my story & I'm sticking to it!</b> <br>
    Moral of the story - If something is keeping you from concentrating - maybe you shouldn't work on the project! This post makes it sound more dangerous than it was - There really was no problem from a safety stand point - I never lost control of the box.
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Re: AARRRGGGHHH! another design change

<p align="center"><font size="3" color="red"><b>I'm blaming the whole thing on the cold <br>It kept me from concentrating enough on my work.</b></font><br><b>That's my story & I'm sticking to it!</b> <br>
    Tom, you need to get one of these puppies and work year round!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Question Bruce - a few questions

Where can I find more info on your heater? I just did a google search for sterling heater & didn't find anything. What type of heat? How much$ How heavy is it. My shop is really strange - it's block consrtuction & the ceiling is made of concrete forms about 3' wide so I don't know how I could mount something like that. Plus the ceiling is probably only about 8'. Right now I have a small house kerosene heater & a mid sized electric space heater. Of course the kerosene ran out about 5 minurtes after I started today
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Tom, you can find all the info at: http://www.sterlinghvac.com/html/literaturelibrary.asp
    It is perfect for my ~500sf garage shop. Model RF045N, 45,000 btu, Natural gas, power-vent, 68lbs. thermostatically controlled – (thermostat not included), flameless ignition. I bought it through a HVAC dealer friend at cost for about $450. I spent another $100 for thermostat & plumbing and installed it myself. I also had the plumbing blessed by my HVAC friend. This is my 3rd winter with it, I wish I’d done it years ago!

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Bruce, though I'm not in the position to get one of those at the moment, if things go well, I might just be in the foreseeable future. How big of a hit did you take on gas consumption?
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

John, I've never kept close track of it but I'm guessing $30-40 a month, if I'm out there pretty much every evening & weekends. I was spending more than that on kero and the Sterling dosen't set off the carbon monoxide alarm!

Andy Rooney

Thumbs up Thanks Bruce

I'll check it out for next winter. Of course looking out my window at all the white stuff coming down - it looks like we've got a ways to go for this winter yet. Possibly a major storm coming - so far I've heard abnything from 6" to 2' nothing like good science eh!
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP