Thread: 1 Micron Dust bags

1 Micron Dust bags

Does anyone have a source for 1 micron dust bags for a dust collector? I just bought a new DC and want to get 1 micron bags for it. The current size is perfect, 19" diameter by 33".

Any sources you would recommend??

Thanks.

My Delta bags came from Amazon. They do a good job--no problems at all.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

You can try American Fabric filter they'll custom make a oversize bag for you.

Blog Entries
    As Richard states, the stock bags are a fraction of what they should be. Your airflow will go up and your dust "film" will go down with a properly sized bag. I used AFF and am quite happy (wish I'd have gone bigger though).
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I have had American Fabric Filter make several different sized bags for me and have been very satisfied with them all. The largest were about 10 feet tall and fit over 55 gallon drums.
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Bought mine from Penn State.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

With a 30 micron bag they are chip collectors not dust collectore! AFF is a good place for custom bags. I have also had good luck with the 1 micron bags from Penn State.

I asked the same question a while back. Someone sugested a wynn environmental filter.

I decided on that and it works great. I got the cheaper filter due to it having a .5 micron filter rating. Well worth the money. I can now breath in the shop. AS a Respiratory therapist, I understand that a good filter goes a long ways.

http://www.wynnenv.com/35A_series_cartridge_kit.htm

Another vote for the Wynn filter. Yes it costs more than a bag, but a pleated filter with a proper pre separator, either a Thien baffle, or at the very least a neutral vane will go a VERY long way to keeping your lungs working correctly over the long haul...
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

Hey Matthew Curtis, I am a R.T./woddworker as well, a rare combo I would think.
    I am also trying to figure out how to upgrade my dist collection, are those filters easily cleaned?
    Cheers Ron.

don't know yet.. Haven't had a reduction in air flow yet. Once I do all I plan on doing is shake it out, tap it a few times on the side to shake the caked on film off.

Another vote for the Wynn filter. When I began WW two years ago I added the Wynn ($90) on to my Delta 50-760 to replace the 1 micron bag that it had. Very big improvement. I have restrictive lung disease so I was very concerned about small particles. Also, there is a lot of info on the Wynn website to help with the conversion.