Thread: NOVA Sharpening Centre

NOVA Sharpening Centre

Anyone had this sharpening jig long enough to give a report on how you like it? Good points-short comings etc. Thanks for the help.

looking forward to reading any responses, myself - looks like it might be a useful addition to the shop. mike

From what I have heard from Bill Blasic is he likes the gouge attachment but there were some issues with the platform. It did not lock down as solid as it should. However. Other than that I have not heard to much.

Alan

I've had it for a few months. I really like the gouge attachment and mine locks down pretty solid. I also like the sliding jig for the platform. On the negative side, you have to remove the top of the platform to use the gouge attachment and I wish it was engineered to be less hassle to remove and replace it. I'm glad I purchased it, if nothing else for the gouge jig, it won't replace my wolverine though. I use the nova on one side of the grinder and the wolverine on the other. I should also state that I don't have the vari-grind jig for my wolverine so I can't compare the two gouge attachments.
    Chris

What! There's no coffee!!?

There's at least one other thread on it in this forum. The reviews were mostly negative.

I have it and use it but will wait until I receive the rest of the outfit and then I'll give a full review.
    Bill