Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first true commissioned piece.

Toney that is just beautiful and I'm sure they will be very happy with it. I have to say the rings on the rim really grabbed me when I first saw them. I like that touch very much!

John

That's a great looking bowl Toney. I'm sure your customer will be very pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Novotny View Post
    Nice work, with all of that spalting it really takes finess to keep the piece together. Nice wood, but nice job not ripping apart a heavily decayed piece of wood.....I think that's why you usually don't see that much spalting in a piece. Heavily spalted wood can really be a headache if you don't know what to expect....and if you don't stop and look often you can pass right thru alot of it.....Nice job.
    You haven't turned a lot of spalted wood, have you? Not all of it is punky.

I live in Union, Ohio, a few short steps north of Dayton.
    I share your love of spalted wood. Congrats on a beautiful job! It's great that you were able to save it and get such a large piece. The simple classic shape just adds to beauty of the wood. Perfect job!
    I'm just thankful it held.

Very nice job on that bowl. You and the customer should be happy with it.
    Wayne

Just an update.

I delivered the bowl on Friday and the client loved it. I had worried about the rings on the rim but the first thing her husband said was the rings "set it off" so I am glad they liked that embellishment.

I need more clients like her. She loved the bowl so much that she gave me $100.00 over what I had asked for. Nice tip!!

Toney